LG Revolution won't boot up after you turn it off, only soft keys light up, HELP LG!
BigCam

I've been reading numerous other cases about this and I'm just shocked that LG hasn't fixed this yet.

I've had my LG Revolution for almost 2 months now, and I have turned it off a total of 5 times, every time it gets turned off, I am forced to do a hard reset (hold the power and down volume key while phone is turned of) in order to start it up again.  I've brought it into Verizon 3 times, the third time I got a replacement phone, and sure enough the first time I turned it off, it starts the booting process, goes through the LG screen, then the Verizon screen, and then it sits on the 4G screen for a while, then it just goes black.  The soft keys light up, but you can't do a thing.

I was hoping the recent update would fix this, but it did not, I got the update on 08/05/11, and last night 08/10/11, I had to restart my phone and of course, it went tot he black screen.

LG needs to step in and fix this, with rumors of the LG Revolution 2 already, if LG leaves all of us LG Revolution 1 owners in the dust, I'll be livid. This is already enough of a deterrent to ever buy an LG product again, but their dumb phones are so bulletproof, why is this Smartphone so flawed.  I can only pray that the bump to android 2.3, which should have been done months ago, fixes this.  I didn't even notice this problem until after my return policy was up, so I am stuck with a phone I paid $200 for and I can't turn it off, unless I want to completely wipe it clean.

Seriously, I know I'm not the only one, there is even a YouTube video of it, Verizon, LG, please help.

0 Likes
Re: LG Revolution won't boot up after you turn it off, only soft keys light up, HELP LG!
hizong

Has anyone figured this out?  My wife's phone is doing this too.  She had to do a factory reset to get the phone to boot and spent an hour trying to set up the phone how she likes it again.  

I called Verizon Tech support and they said they'd never heard of this issue.  Sure.... I believe that.  NOT!  Step up Verizon! or LG.  They gave us LG's phone number to see if they would send us a new unit.  GRRR.

0 Likes
Re: LG Revolution won't boot up after you turn it off, only soft keys light up, HELP LG!
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

I have reset mine 3 times now and call VZW to let them know about problem just to document my problem so that down the road when I'm finally **bleep** off they can send me new (refurbished) piece of junk. They always say they never heard of this problem..Dah

hizong wrote:

Has anyone figured this out?  My wife's phone is doing this too.  She had to do a factory reset to get the phone to boot and spent an hour trying to set up the phone how she likes it again.  

I called Verizon Tech support and they said they'd never heard of this issue.  Sure.... I believe that.  NOT!  Step up Verizon! or LG.  They gave us LG's phone number to see if they would send us a new unit.  GRRR.

0 Likes
BigCam

I ahve also posted this issue in the LG forum, and supposedly it's getting worked on. I can only hope this is the reason for 2.3 taking so long.

http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/carriers/verizon/topics/lg-revolution-vs910-4g-wont-reboot-after...

please also chime in on the LG thread, so LG knows this is a much bigger problem than just a few people.

0 Likes
hizong

In some actual good news regarding this terrible problem, my wife said her phone is actually performing better after the hard reset from a battery perspective.  The phone battery is lasting a lot longer.  It may be because she's only installed half of her original apps, but we can't say for sure.

I was reading androidforums.com and someone who posted there who worked for Verizon said they do hard resets now before initial programming because it works a lot faster and seems to work better overall.  I wonder if there is something wrong with the settings on the phone shipped out of the box.  

0 Likes