LG Revolution won't connect to any data network
bova253

So I've had the Revolution for about three months now, and haven't had any connectivity issues until today.  The phone suddenly dropped 4G LTE connection and will not connect to any data networks at all.  I tried restarting it several times.  I removed the battery and let it sit for a while.  I've enabled and disabled data in the mobile network settings several times.  It just won't connect.  When I check Network type and strength, it shows both 4G as well as 1x but it won't connect to them. 

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?  I can't believe how frustrating this is...

0 Likes
Re: LG Revolution won't connect to any data network
Not applicable

bova253,

I'm sorry to learn that the 4G/LTE data connection was not working properly for you yesterday. Is this still a concern for you? If so, I recommend removing the battery and the SIM card for 30 seconds, then reinsert and reboot. You should see 4G services restored. If not, it is best to contact us directly at 1-800-922-0204 for assistance.

Thank you,

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
thisisbananas

I've had the same issue for weeks, if not months. When I was in the store 5 days ago, they couldn't find any setting or anything on our account to make it not connect. Then when I went in again 2 days ago for it not working, a different rep said I had a setting wrong. I know it was a bluff because I'm constantly checking those same settings to make sure they are correct. He claimed I was on "CDMA only" and I was definitely on the "LTE/CDMA" setting, unless the phone decided to swtich it on its own. I can confirm my issue as I type. I don't have any sort of connection right now, 3G/4G/1x etc, and the setting is still on "LTE/CDMA". Mine also has "Data Enabled" checked, and yet it still says, "Mobile Network State: Disconnected." What is laughable is the second rep, when checking the computer, said I had reached my data limit! I was furious because I pay for unlimited data since I've had the plan for years. Then he basically said, "Oops, I read it wrong."

Unfortunately, I have no answer for you, but I know how frustrating it is and I wish they would fix it.

0 Likes
S_Jarrett788

i have had 3 lg revo's now 2 of them because of this same reason. my first one worked ok until it broke so i got a replacement. the replacement only had 1X service in areas where others had 3G & 4G so i called customer service and they transferred me to the next level up of their tech support i guess. this man talked me through multiple different things to make sure everything was set up correctly, troubleshooting, etc.. we spent about 30 min doing this and he suspected it was a defect so he sent out a 2nd replacement (lg revo #3!!!!!)  i got it in the mail on Saturday and activated it that day to find that not only did i not have 4G or 3G but i don't even have 1X. so yesterday afternoon i called customer service & they transferred me to tech support again. the girl i talked to was not helpful at all. she has me dial # 832, press send, the phone didn't connect, so she had me end the call, turn the phone off, wait 30 seconds, turn it on, let it load & dial #832 again... she had me repeat this over and over for about an hour!!! she said she doesn't think it is the device that she thinks somethings not right with the service & my account so she wrote me a trouble ticket & i should expect a call in 24 to 72 hours. the whole thing seemed ridiculous & i am very frustrated cause i have been without service for months. and now that i have seen your forum i am very unhappy knowing  that it really is my device after all..

0 Likes
nataliekern07

I have had the same problem with my Revolution.  It's been about a month now, where there are times I will not get a connection, even wi-fi.  It's very frustrating.  I have taken out the battery and SIM card and that works most of the time, however, if it keeps acting up, I am going to request they send me a replacement.

0 Likes
wlbrown9

I had that problem after I ran the upgrade from 2.2.2 to 2.3.6. I had to remove the App Juice Defender and install Android Booster in it's place. Since then I have been able to connect to data networks with any problem. Just a shot if something like JD is the problem as it was with mine.

Bill

0 Likes
uggugg

I have this problem all the time with mine. One minute on 4G the next no signal or it drops all the way to 1X. Only way to get the 4G back is to restart the phone and/or pull the SIM card. Piece of junk service and device!

0 Likes