LG Spectrum - Can't find my Local Area Network
donleathe

I just got a replacement for the LG Spectrum for the one that I dropped two days ago and broke.  The previous one found my Local Area Network (LAN) easily all the time.

The new one tells me that my network has excellent reception, but when I insert the password that it requests it goes into an endless loop of "searching" and never connects.

What could be the issue, I put in the right security key, the same one that worked fine for the same type of phone two days ago?

This is crazy.... it means the phone can only use Verizon's network and so I pay for every search etc. in my house, when I have  "free" LAN sitting there.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Don

>Email address removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: LG Spectrum - Can't find my Local Area Network
Not applicable

My first cause of action would be turn off your modem, then your router, and the cell phone. Wait a minute or so and turn your modem on and let it completely cycle up and then turn your router back on and let that completely cycle up and then turn on your cell phone and let that cycle up.

After have the cell find your home wifi network and then connect. (If you have a modem router combo then you just unplug that device ) I find it works better when clearing these devices to unplug them completely and then plug them back as I told you above.

Write back and let me know how you made out. Did the new phone get updated to Jelly Bean OS? if so that is a whole new set of issues.

0 Likes