LG Spectrum emails
katharineenglish

Ijust bought the new LG Spectrum. Cananyone tell me how to delete emails on the phone without deleting them on my computer?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Spectrum emails
bkhorn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you talking about Gmail?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bkhorn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you talking about Gmail?

0 Likes
katharineenglish

I look at my Hotmail and delete the message - it deletes it on my computer. All of my messages saved in my different folders are shown on my phone, and if I delete them on the phone, they are also deleted on my computer -even if I have moved them to folders!

0 Likes
bkhorn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Look in the e-mail settings / Incoming server settings / Delete email from server. You probably have it set to "When I delete from Inbox". Change it to "Never".

Hope this helps.

Brad

Conan1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a similar problem.  My main account is yahoo and I get upwards of 100 emails per business day most of which I delete on my desktop computer as they come in.  Problem is the Spectrum saves them all, which creates a lot of junk when retrieving email on the phone.  I can't find an option called "incoming server settings" under email options on the phone.  Any ideas?

BlueBoxBlonde
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope you get an answer because I have the same problem too.  And I do not see the settings they describe.

0 Likes
PhiX174Nerd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having this same issue. I fixed it by downloading the app for the actual mail that I use from the android market, for me this was the Yahoo app. For me, I find this app way better than the mail app that comes with the phone anyway so I couldn't be happier. The only problem is that if you have multiple mail accounts you will have to have multiple mail apps. I hope that this helps!

wired

What problems does the Spectrum have?  Is there free virus protection from Microsoft for the phone  and apps?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are several anti-virus applications available in the Play Store. Many of them from well known anti-virus companies used on Windows operating systems.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bbear
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got the spectrum and was having issues with my Yahoo email account. Mainly all of my folders that show up on my home computer, and used to show up on my old Droid, did not show up on my new phone.  I got the Yahoo mail app and downloaded it and now it works like a charm.  All my folders are there, much better

0 Likes