Latest update Android 6.0 is killing my battery...again!
J3773ry

My LG G3 updated this a.m. and my battery died within 12 hours with no use. I am tired of doing factory resets to fix this problem as this is not at all acceptable! I had the same problem with the last update...In addition the phone gets smoking hot...I guess it's time to look at other providers...SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Latest update Android 6.0 is killing my battery...again!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

J3773ry, we never want phone issues to drive you away from us! We want to get things resolved for you as soon as possible. First, I need a little more information.

Was your phone on the charger while going through the update? What happened the last time you did a software update? How long has the phone been getting hot?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
J3773ry

Marcus,

The phone was charging while it updated. The last time the phone updated the battery died as well. I had to uninstall the update and factory reset the phone to get it to work properly again. The phone has never gotten hot before until this update.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Reset without auto restoration of apps and data.

0 Likes
ZDC_Shriner

I am also having battery problems since the upgrade last week.  Upgrade was fine, but battery drains in less than 5 hours to nothing and if I keep it charging, it barely holds its own... It will charge full, but takes 8 10 hours.  The heavy user is Cell standby is 47% of battery usage... I work in an area with spotty cell coverage and it comes and goes as I walk in the building, but it no different than it was prior to the upgrade...  Phone is almost not usable unless I am plugged into power...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for heads up ZDC_Shriner. Let's partner together and get your battery concern addressed so you can get back to enjoying your device. Can we assume that you have an LG G2 as well? If so then have you adjusted the  settings on the device after the software update? If not then here's a link on how to do so. Once this is done, please retest and keep us posted. If advanced troubleshooting is needed then we can move to the next step.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-87314/

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes