Lg G2 naivation problem after 5.0.2 update
cmrooneypc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am currently on the road and cannot get any of my navigation programs to work - Maps, Waze both use an approximate location.  In the upper status bar, the location icon bonks and in the notifications it says FInding Location - but never does!  I need this to work!  I have tried turing naviagtion on and off to see if there are permissions I need to give, have done so and still nothing.  Please help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lg G2 naivation problem after 5.0.2 update
cmrooneypc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for the confusion.  I had it set to high accuracy - I wasn't able to find the services you were refering to (Verizon, Wifi etc - I believe I have seen that before but can't find in now)

The uninstall of Waze/install seems to have done it.  Thank you for your help.  Google Maps app still does not work.  Guess I have to uninstall/reinstall that also.

I have to admit I am NOT crazy about this update!  I used to see the notification bar across the top of my screen even when the phone is locked - not so much anymore.  My phone is also SLLLOOOOWWW!  It is driving me nuts.  My Agent program isn't working either.  I guess I have a spend some time uninstalling and reinstalling apps which just seems ridiculous to me!

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Do you have a data connection?  Can you access WiFi?  You might try HERE Maps where you can download an offline map to use with no data.  As far as GPS lock...there is no app to clear the cache for or reset for that hardware.  All I can think to do is maybe uninstall whatever app you are trying to use and reinstall, or update.  A factory reset right now would not be very convenient for you.  Otherwise, I would have suggested that if you had not already done so after the 5.0.2 update.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You might also check your LOCATION settings in settings to make sure you have all available sensors enabled such as Verizon, wifi, and GPS enabled for more precise locating.  High Accuracy mode is best here.

0 Likes
cmrooneypc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have data.  I am traveling as a passenger returning my son to college. 

It took a lot of work but I finally got the Hot Spot working.  I was about to post about that!  I am trying to research on from my ipad attached to the Hot Spot.

But none of the Nagivation app I have are finding the info.  I have it set to the higest accuracy but could not find where to enable al the locations you have listed above?

When we stop and I am on free wifi I will delete and reinstall Waze but don't want to eat data for that.

Any other suggestions?  I am relying on my phone to get me home from Philli.  I should know the route by now but honestly I don't pa a lot of attention to things - just turn when the voice tells me!

Any help would be appreciated!

Christine

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Go to:  Settings (gear icon top right of notification pull-down bar) -Location-tap Mode-High Accuracy

0 Likes
cmrooneypc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for the confusion.  I had it set to high accuracy - I wasn't able to find the services you were refering to (Verizon, Wifi etc - I believe I have seen that before but can't find in now)

The uninstall of Waze/install seems to have done it.  Thank you for your help.  Google Maps app still does not work.  Guess I have to uninstall/reinstall that also.

I have to admit I am NOT crazy about this update!  I used to see the notification bar across the top of my screen even when the phone is locked - not so much anymore.  My phone is also SLLLOOOOWWW!  It is driving me nuts.  My Agent program isn't working either.  I guess I have a spend some time uninstalling and reinstalling apps which just seems ridiculous to me!