Lollipop upgrade has made my phone almost useless to me. Why is Verizon still pushing this out to the L3 and other phones?
tdunnusa
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone on Lollipop is pretty much useless for me now.  Battery drain causes me to keep on charger most of the day now.  Phone switches to 1x once a day causing me to shutdown, remove SIMM reboot and shutdown and reinsert SIMM.  Notification panel disappears at random then reappears at random.  I did a factory reset last weekend hoping I would ger some improvement but was very disappointed it did not.  I am paying for extended warranty can I get a replacement for this?  If not this will be my last Verizon phone once my contract expires I'm extremely upset!  And now my wife is getting prompted to install the upgrade on her L3, heaven help us!!!

Re: Lollipop upgrade has made my phone almost useless to me. Why is Verizon still pushing this out to the L3 and other phones?
vic32
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problems on my LG2,messed my perfect phone all up.won't load properly,laggs playing videos,

changes my screens whenever it feels like,and eats the heck out of my battery. So disgusted

Re: Lollipop upgrade has made my phone almost useless to me.  Why is Verizon still pushing this out to the L3 and other phones?
Snn5
Legend

Yes, extended warranty will get you a replacement G2.  When you get it, charge to 100% and take the update immediately, before even setting up the phone.  This is your best chance for a clean install of the update.

Re: Lollipop upgrade has made my phone almost useless to me.  Why is Verizon still pushing this out to the L3 and other phones?
tdunnusa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay but I guess with a replacement I'm taking my chances since it's a refurbished phone and I could end up with a worse phone than what I have now.  I'll have to decide if I want to take that chance.

0 Likes
Re: Lollipop upgrade has made my phone almost useless to me. Why is Verizon still pushing this out to the L3 and other phones?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
tdunnusa,

That certainly isn't what we want to see happen on your phone. It's important that you have a device you can rely on. Let's make sure we figure this out and get it back to working like it should. When you did the reset, did you then install your apps back on the phone? Have we tried safe mode http://vz.to/1C72zjh to see if it runs better there?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
ddladams
Enthusiast - Level 1

Lollipop has ruined my phone in about the same way. Constant battery drain, phone actually over heating, screen comes on while talking on the phone so that my head is messing with apps, constant GPS searches even while stationary, apps that worked fine in the past glitching out to the point of needing to be deleted, and then last night my phone started keeping time 5 hours ahead and wouldn't fix no matter what I did.

Lollipop OS has messed up a tool that I use heavily in my daily life. I can't depend on my phone to have power and now I can't depend on it to simply tell time. I've seen nothing beneficial come from this update and I've seen no steps taken to correct the blunder.

Snn5
Legend

Any repaired phone, for any reason, be it hardware or software is refurbished.  Even your brand new phone is considered refurbished if it is repaired.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ddladams,

Updates are meant to improve your phone, not cause you headaches. Let's get your phone acting right.

Do you also have the LG G3? It will take the device some time to normalize, generally 2-3 days after a major software update. Additionally, beyond that time period there may be situations where downloaded application developers do not immediately update their applications to support new versions of the OS. Causing the phone to work twice as hard to run them (even in the background when you're not using them) creating the extra lag and heat. Have you checked to see if there are any updates available in the Play Store for your apps? Have you run the phone in safe mode http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112843/?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
ddladams
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, I don't have the G3, I have the G2. The day I spent dealing with the

issues with my phone was completely wasted. In the store, Verizon says

they've never heard of the issue, the fault lies with the towers and asks

me to call when I see the problem come up. On the phone, Verizon says

they've seen the problem before, the fault lies with the hardware and

suggests I talk to LG about resetting my phone. LG says they can do the

software reset but I'll have no phone while they work on it and I'll still

be prompted to update the software.

The only method of fixing my issue has been to manually set the time and

date on my phone and to treat it as slightly more useful than a calculator

while waiting for all parties involved to decide this issue is worth

fixing. The fact that these issues have happened at all have me seriously

doubting the quality of any Android product, as the programmers didn't

spend sufficient time testing the software before pushing it live on all

users.

On May 8, 2015 5:58 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
EAgirl

ddladams...it shouldn't be ur hardware if ur phone was working fine before the lollipop update. Hardware and Software are totally different....several ppl are having issues with the Lollipop upgrade, even me. My suggestion is if u can roll back to kitkat til Verizon says they have fixed Lollipop then do it. What happens is Google writes the os and sends it to LG (for me it would be samsung since my android is note3) LG adds the stuff to make it work for their phones, then they send out to the providers (for us it is Verizon) Verizon then adds their own crap to it before they release it. I've heard the only providers having lollipop issues is Verizon and Sprint. So for us it's the providers who have messed up lollipop, it's why I suggest rolling back to kitkat if u can ( call customer service and asked to be transferred to tech and they will help u with that ) and just stick with kitkat til u start hearing that verizon has fixed the lollipop...then if u try lollipop again and it's still messed up then u know that u can always roll back to the last os version (kitkat) that worked for u. It is annoying, but trust me if u can roll back u'll be fine Smiley Happy Good Luck

0 Likes