MMS not working LG G2
crystalynn1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got my device switched out 3 days ago due to my old phone messing up with MMS. It was working great until yesterday when the exact same problem I was having with my old LG G2 started occurring AGAIN! My picture messaging does not work at all, sending or receiving. When receiving I get a gray box that looks like a broken photo and has a little triangle with an exclamation point in the corner. When sending I get an error message "attachment size limit is exceeded." The picture I am trying to send was taken with the phone itself!!!! I talked with a rep last night and I have done soft resets, hard resets, tried sending a pic with both wifi on and wifi off (data only), I have tried using the Verizon messaging app as well as others a rep reccommended, and still NOTHING WORKS!!! Hell they gave me a brand new SIM card two weeks ago to try to fix the old phone so it can't be that either. I am really getting frustrated with this whole ordeal. The phone wasn't even 6 months old when it messed up and now a brand new one messes up in less than 2 days after receiving it?!?! COME ON!!!! I don't pay my bill each month for a phone that doesn't work! HELP PLEASE!!!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MMS not working LG G2
debrabla
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just spoke with verizon rep..I was told to hold down home..delete running apps..power off phone for like 1 min..power back on...It worked for me. Anyone having this problem should try this..Let me know if it works for you..

View solution in original post

sbch212
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same problem!! I've had the G2 for 12 days, and the same thing is happening to me. It's so frustrating!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us, crystalynn1212. We are sure it is frustrating to not be able to send MMS from your phone. Let's make sure we get this to work. Are you able to go to the camera and select the settings there in order to change the resolution?
Please let me know how that works.
Once the picture resolution has changed, try to take a picture and send it.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jessikno
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the exact same problem! Have only had the phone for a week.  Picture messaging was working fine, and then just decided to stop working.  I can't open attached pics i receive and I cannot attach pics i want to send.

Changing the resolution has no effect on this.  Incoming or outgoing.  I changed the resolution, tried them all, and still file exceeds limit.  I reset to default.  No change. Still cannot send or receive pics by text.

schwem
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the same issue until I decided to take matters into my own hands since verizon offered no assistance. What I did to start receiving/ sending mms messages after kitkat update was simple but not simple to figure out! I had to delete every message thread from every app including hangouts and the default messaging app. Then I had to find a reliable cache cleaner in the google play store! I then cleared all cached processes on my lg g2. I then turned my phone off for a short period of time which probably was not necessary a quick restart would probably be fine. I rebooted and went into my messaging apps settings  and enabled mms and sms message auto deleting and changed it to 200 sms per thread and 20 mms per thread! I made sure my messaging apps were completely empty and then successfully sent an mms message to my wife and then sent myself an mms message from her phone! I have since not had any issues but I make sure to keep the amount of messages/ threads very low to avoid the issue! I guess the stupid phone cannot handle more than a couple hundred messages after kitat update! I hope this helped as it worked fine for me but took me some time and alot of frustration to figure out!

crystalynn1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

tried it out but so far, that has not helped either.

0 Likes
crystalynn1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ive got a 3rd phone on the way, guess we will see what happens with it!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jessikno, we don't want this picture messaging issue to be a problem for you too. Let's try a few steps to resolve this. First, delete all unwanted text messages on this device to ensure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. Next, power that phone off/on and disable Wi-Fi in the settings of that phone. Test the picture messaging feature again and keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nickw85
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am currently having the exact same problem. I tried removing all texts and clearing the turning off the wifi. No dice.

FredWB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried this and it worked  ONCE.  LG says I can send my phone in for warranty inspection but what it boils down to is that this/these LG phones have compatibility issues with Kitkat.  It's not a Verizon created issue.  So who handles this? I don't want to send it in for a warranty claim to send me another LG phone that will do the same thing.