Re: MMS not working LG G2
nickw85
Enthusiast - Level 2

Think of it like the OS of your computer. You would need a partition with the old OS stored separately. I guess they don't want to take up more memory than you need to.

I think they should allow you to download the old OS and install it though or at the very least a full reset from your PC that wipes the entire phone.

stef7
Master - Level 2

A factory reset reverts the phone to the last downloaded operating system. You can't go back to Jelly Bean if the most recent load is Kit Kat.

0 Likes
debrabla
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just spoke with verizon rep..I was told to hold down home..delete running apps..power off phone for like 1 min..power back on...It worked for me. Anyone having this problem should try this..Let me know if it works for you..

bdod23
Enthusiast - Level 3

My same issue with MMS boils down to music album tags and a app called Ringtone maker by Big bang. I've used my phone since last Saturday. I did a factory reset, my MMS messages worked fine all week. I had no music on the Phone when i added it last night it worked until first thing this morning.I deleted all my Music and uninstalled ringtone maker. I still had the issue. I did a factory reset again this morning MMS works fine now. I think the issue is something to do with oversized pics on the phone even if you dont send them in an MMS message. I had albums that i did a search for album cover before. After that my MMS messages had that same error. After i deleted those whole albums my MMS messages worked.

0 Likes
crystalynn1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

bdod23 stef7 nickw85 2ndJob I HAVE A FIX!! i don't know if it will work for you...and it may sound stupid it's so simple...but I've had 3 phones have this problem and had tried EVERY suggestion on all the threads, from reps on line and over phone, plus in the store...BUT last night someone suggested what worked for them...and IT WORKED!!! Start by pressing and holding the home key until all your running apps appear. Clear them all. Now turn your phone OFF for a FULL MINUTE!! After the full minute has passed, turn the phone back on. IDK why or how but my MMS started working immediately!!! (sending & receiving) After 3 phones and 2 months of nothing working it's back. GOOD LUCK!

domestic-violence
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue. Nothing changed at all. Really really annoying

PREADDY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I UNINSTALL MY GOOGLE PLUS UPDATES AND EVERYTHING STARTED WORKING AGAIN.. I WENT THRU TWO PHONES AND THEY DO THE SAME THING SOOO UNINSTALL THE GOOGLE PLUS UPDATES AND TRY IT AFTER U RESTART THE PHONE

bdod23
Enthusiast - Level 3

What I've found is it is in my music. My MMS works fine until I ad music.It must be the album tag images causing problems. After adding music playing a song then trying an MMS message I get the same message image to large. It was the same image message i had just sent to myself before I added music. Then after i deleted all my music then rebooted the phone it works. I think the whole issue is something in image size that is causing these problems. I think the image compression is freezing up. Then no matter what pixel size image you send it says image too large.

0 Likes
nickw85
Enthusiast - Level 2

My trouble is I have no music on my phone. It was mentioned Google+ also causes the problem as well. I'm going to uninstall it to see if that fixes it

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

People. If you are having MMS issues, try what others have tried. Stop Google+ and Disable it. Reboot your phone.

0 Likes