Re: MMS not working LG G2
DJH06
Contributor - Level 1

I tried the very things you mentioned and it didn't work for me.  The strange thing is that users are having such different results when dealing with the same primary issue.   For some,  hard resets don't even do it.   Others like yourself get your method to work.   I am using Texted also now and it is doing the trick.  And you can customize contact notifications.  I'll use this for now.   I went to Best Buy yesterday and handled the G3.  All I can say is wow... As it relates to the device and screen.   It is so darn light and it isn't much bigger than the G2. They did a nice job managing device size.

0 Likes
DJH06
Contributor - Level 1

Textra....

0 Likes
Jimmyz74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would let all of that go and user Textra. It's a messaging app from the

play store that solved all my problems. Installed about two weeks ago and

everything is back to normal. Decent app to boot...

0 Likes
gtppilot

I also had to download the app Textra as a workaround.

I really like the phone, so hopefully this will hold me over til / if

they have an update that fixes the native messaging app.

0 Likes
d_fi_gravity

I am also a victim of this so called 'upgrade' to the KitKat OS and was extremely frustrated that there never seemed to be an adequate response from Verizon in how to solve the problems that it was creating.  I tried the solution listed here as the 'answer' to the original post, tried switching to airplane mode, tried the Hangouts app, then the Verizon Messaging App, shut the phone off, etc, etc, etc.  And after reading about some of the problems that people were experiencing after a hard reset, I decided not to go that route.  I did end up downloading the Textra app and am now able to send and receive MMS messages again.  I even like how some aspects of this app works over the others.

Just as a note to Verizon...  yes, this is an issue at the Google level, since they're the ones that created this piece of garbage, but given the HUGE outcry from your customers (and the fact that the 'fix' may take months to roll out to LG customers), you would think there would be some kind of proactive way to keep them informed.  Personally, I was looking for ANY KIND of communication from Verizon acknowledging that they were aware of the problems and what they knew about resolving them, suggested temporary solutions, etc.  Instead the impression is that you're just washing your hands of any responsibility to your customers because it's not 'your problem'.

0 Likes
tay09

I am also having this same issue. I have deleted all my texts, restarted my phone, and turned off wifi and i am still not able to send or recieve picture messages.

0 Likes
jsmith7539

It does not work. For my LG G2.

0 Likes
mullaneyrm9801
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only thing I've found to work was to replace the phone. I've had my

new one for about a week and a half....knock on wood, no problems. If it

acts up again, I'm getting an iPhone and giving up on android. I'm tired

of them releasing updates and phone's that are so glitchy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want those messages to go through tay09! What messaging app is this? Is this happening with every contact? Multiple locations as well?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
tay09

It doesn't work on either messaging or Verizon messages and this is for all

contacts.

On Jul 18, 2014 10:03 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes