Have had the LG G2 for less than a month and starting this morning, I am not able to send or receive picture messages; I just a grey box where the picture should be seen. It worked fine yesterday and I have not made any changes to the device setting nor have I downloaded/installed any updates, apps, etc. I get two different error messages when trying to send:
1. When I attach a picture it will say 'resizing image' then the error “Attachment size limit is exceeded" and it won't attach. I have tried this with pictures I have taken with the device, sent previously as MMS with no issues, pics that I have transferred, downloaded or saved from the web with no luck.
2. When I attach a picture is will say 'converting to multimedia message' but when I hit send, I just get a grey box with a triangle and exclamation point with a pop up that says, "Message Delivery Failed. Would you like to resend the message?" No matter how many times I try, it will not send.
Here are the troubleshooting steps I have taken and additional information:
1. Ensured Mobile Data and Roaming was on as well as Wifi (have always had that setting and MMS worked fine). I did turn Wifi off and try to send with no luck.
2. Ensured that the 'Auto Retrieve' and 'Roaming Auto-Retrieve' options were turned on under messaging settings. I am using the stock application and no third party application.
3. I have over 20GB of memory available on my device and I have deleted all messaging.
4. I went to the Messaging app via Settings >Apps and did a force stop, cleared cache and data, power cycled the phone with the same errors when attempting to send MMS. Still getting grey box as well for all incoming MMS.
5. I started the device in Safe Mode and was still not able to send or receive MMS (same errors). I have tried using pictures that I have taken with the LG G2, pictures that I downloaded from Verizon Cloud, Google Drive, etc (pictures I have sent via MMS on this phone before will now not even send)
6. I installed Verizon Messages and this did not work either so I removed the app.
7. I will not do a factory reset. Sorry but this device is less than a month old and it took me forever to download (even stuff that was backed up), set up, organize, get apps where I want them, ringtones, alerts, everything. I have a full time job and a family and should not have to go to such extremes to fix an issue that should not even exist.
Anybody have any luck getting the issue fixed without a factory reset? And if so, has it been a permanent fix? Thanks!
No stef I haven't buy I guess I'm going to have to try a third party app. Just don't think I should have to if that makes sense..we all know how much we pay for phones and service...it should function properly!! 🙂
Picture memories are important! Are you connected to Wi-fi when attempting to send the picture message? You have to be on the VZW cellular network to send and receive picture messages. Have you tried powering the device off>then back on?
Tweet us @vzwsupport
good luck getting a fix for that. Mine has been doing it for a month and still no fix. I have been given 2 new phones in 2 weeks and both did the same thing as the original after about a day or so. 3rd party apps didn't work for me and neither have any fixes they have reccommended thus far! Pay too much for a phone that doesn't work properly. Verizon Wireless Customer Support
MadKatt I HAVE A FIX!! i don't know if it will work for you...and it may stupid it's so simple...but i've had 3 phones have this problem and had tried EVERY suggestion on all the threads, from reps on line and over phone, + in store...BUT last night someone suggested what worked for them...and IT WORKED!!! start by pressing and holding the home key until all your running apps appear. Clear them all. Turn your phone off for a FULL minute. Turn phone back on. IDK why or how but mine started working immediately! After 3 phones and 2 months of nothing working it's back. GOOD LUCK! Verizon Wireless Customer Support
I went on my computer logged into my account and deleted all my phone logs messages pictures and music.i did a factory reset and this fixed my issue. I've added music later from my PC but there is an error somewhere if i try to play this music this is what cause MMS errors. I believe the issue has something to due with images that are too large and the image compression of the messaging app.
THANK YOU so much!! I tried your recommended fix and for the first time in 2 months, I have multimedia text messaging capabilities again!! You're Hired!!