Multiple issues with new Revolution
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

I just picked up the Revolution last night, exchanging the iPhone for it.  I had also previously tried the Charge and liked it, but didn't like the lag and the sometimes quirkiness of the UI.  I was going to get the TB, but all the negative press on these forums changed my mind.  My exchange period is over, so I am going to make the Revo work, but I have some issues that I am hoping can be an easy fix.

1. Bluetooth - Both the Charge and the iPhone connected to my in-vehicle BT with no issue.  I have a 2011 Chevy.  The Revo pairs and connects with no problem, but then about every 15 - 30 seconds it will disconnect.  Then it cycles from connected to paired not connected every 15 - 30 seconds over and over.  You cannot even attempt to take a call or place a call.  I removed the battery and thought the problem was solved, but it started again this afternoon.  I had paired the BT before installing any other apps, so nothing should have interfered with it.  I paired with a Motorola H17 later and the problem doesn't seem to happen with that unit.  Any suggestions or solutions?

2. I am also having an issue authenticating with my Onstar MyLink app.  Again, this app worked with no problem with the Charge and the iPhone.  I have gone to the Onstar web-site and cleared previously linked phones.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app, but I continue to get the same error.  It tries to connect, then it says Authentication failed.

3. There also seems to be trouble with GPS.  I installed the regular Facebook app, since the Facebook for LG won't let you check in to places.  However, when I try to check in using the regular app, it just searches for GPS, but can't find anywhere near where I am located.

Any suggestions on any or all of these concerns is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Multiple issues with new Revolution
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2
JoeL

Thanks for the reply. I talked to a rep from Chevrolet. The Revolution is not currently compatible with my 2011 Equinox, but they are working on it. Not sure what that means, but they will let me know when an update is available.

The GPS functionality has improved over the last couple day although I don't know what changed. I will keep watching it. I did have all of the setting correct when I had the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
misslady478

What was wrong with the Charge?  I might look into getting that?

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

Not much really.  It had some BT issues, but not the same kind.  It didn't let me connect to 2 devices at the same time and would drop the connection and not reconnect if I had another call on my work phone using the same BT headset.  My earphones didn't work very well with the Charge.  The phone was sluggish running apps and navigating through the screens.  All in all a very nice phone though.  I probably should have kept it if I had known this one was going to be trouble.  I had read good reviews on this one, which is why I got it.

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

My ring tones keep changing. Ann is trying to help with it.

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

OnStar app resolved this morning.  Perhaps it was a server side issue with OnStar.  No resolution to the other 2 concerns yet.

0 Likes
KLee

Hello...have you figured out the video chat yet?

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2
I have not even tried video chat, but from what I have read on here it is not working.
0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

After Consulting with LG there shouldn't be a problem with the gps. They state to go under setting>location & security> and make sure all 3 are check marked for gps and retest.

Pairing with the automobile they recommend unpairing and repairing with the automobile. There may be a compatibility issue with the vehicle. They do have tips and tricks for pairing on www.chevrolet.com. Those do vary between the different models.

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

JoeNe wrote:
I have not even tried video chat, but from what I have read on here it is not working.

I tried Tango and front facing camera didn't work and thats why I got a new phone with it.

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2
JoeL

Thanks for the reply. I talked to a rep from Chevrolet. The Revolution is not currently compatible with my 2011 Equinox, but they are working on it. Not sure what that means, but they will let me know when an update is available.

The GPS functionality has improved over the last couple day although I don't know what changed. I will keep watching it. I did have all of the setting correct when I had the problem.
0 Likes