Music Auto Play when picking up call or changing Alert Tone
tiggerpolo81

Found a new issue when using the Default "Music" app. When you are not listening to the Music anymore, and no headphones are attached, it automatically plays when answering a phone call or when changing the Alert Tone in the Alarm/Clock app. This occurs 1 minute to 24 hours after listening to the previous song. I believe the cause is due to the app "pausing" the song instead of "stopping"  the song, therefore it is still running in the background. When the phone rings, you answer it and the track that was "paused" starts playing again. I also have this problem when I go to change the tone of an alarm under the "timer" option. I go to change the timer alert tone, and once I select the new tone, the song that was paused, plays again.

The only known solve I have come up with is to go into Manage Applications and force close it, which is not acceptable.

Verizon- To re-enact this error:

1) Play a song using the Default Music app.

2) Hit pause and get it of the app

3) Go to the default Alarm/Clock app

4) Go to Timer

5) Select a different "Alert Tone"

6) Music should start 

or at step 3, have someone call the phone being tested. Once you hit answer, the music should start.

Please fix!

0 Likes
Re: Music Auto Play when picking up call or changing Alert Tone
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello tiggerpolo81! Thanks for sharing your concerns about the media player on your Revolution, and for giving step-by-step directions. That was very helpful! I wasn't able to duplicate your experience with a test Revolution, though. When I selected any song for the alert, it did play the music. But it only played in 'sample mode' to allow me to hear the options before selecting. Once a piece was selected, the music stopped. In attempting an incoming call, the phone played the default ringtone until the call was answered. Since there have been no other reports of this matter so far, I suggest that what you're seeing on your phone is unique. If you want to discuss options to resolve your issue, please send me a personal message through the forum. Please include your name and mobile number. Thanks again!

0 Likes
Re: Music Auto Play when picking up call or changing Alert Tone
tiggerpolo81

I don't believe you followed my instructions because I have been able to duplicate it in the Store and on another Revolution. When I say "play song" I meant play a song in your standard media play, then pause it. THEN go into the alarm and pick a default alert. I was not saying to use the music as the alert.

0 Likes