My LG G2 is very slow.
Jennifer3491

I had this phone for only 6-7 months. Sometimes it won't open the apps I want to use, doesn't want to open them, or it said it's failed or stopped working. Sometimes when I go to put in my password, it takes 10 seconds to recognize. I'm just really frustrated because I have not had this phone for very long and I'm not satisfied at all with it. I'm not able to upgrade seeing I've only had this phone for a few months and I do not have insurance on it. My zip code is 30817. I do not want to get a replacement phone because I don't want another one of the LG G2. What are my options?

0 Likes
Re: My LG G2 is very slow.
Snn5
Legend

As a user of the G2 for over a year:  You should try an app cache cleaning application.  I use 360 Security, but CCleaner also offers a cache cleaner that removes empty folders and obsolete files and fragments.  Also, restoring the phone to factory state (FDR) is a practice I like to do every 6 months or less.  Between all the apps that we add and remove and music, videos, pictures, and other files and cookies and settings that are not optimized we can get a lot of trash built up.

0 Likes
Jennifer3491

If I reset it, will it erase all of my pictures and contacts? And how would I go about doing that because I am very desperate.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Oh, your other options are to buy from a 3rd party site like Swappa.com, buy full retail from Verizon, or find a phone that is Verizon compatible elsewhere such as a friend or an old phone you may have.  Replacements will never be a model different than what you have.  You might also be eligible for Early Edge where you trade in your currently registered phone and take payments on a full price Verizon-picked-for-you phone.  But, as there is nothing wrong with your current phone (I believe) try the simple solutions first.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Jennifer,

I have an LGG2 on VZW, and mine is very snappy.

When you go to Settings | Storage, how many GB do you have available? After a year and 1/2, I have approximately 14.3GB available out of a total space of 32GB. If you've downloaded many apps, or have many pictures or a lot of audio, or downloaded content, this phone memory may be nearly exhausted. Also, because something called the "Media Scanner" scans this content and builds a list of it, this can consume resources.

1). First, power cycle your device. If you haven't done that in a while, maybe you have a rogue program that consumes more and more resources as it runs. When you power cycle your device, it may instantly become more responsive.

2). Determine if anything out of the ordinary is consuming battery resources. I use an app called GSam Battery Monitor. Using one of the icons at the bottom of the screen, I can see what has consumed battery. Besides Android System, Kernel, and System, is anything sticking out like a sore thumb?

3). Delete content you no longer need. This includes email, downloaded content, text messages/conversations, pictures, music, etc.

4). If you have installed a lot of apps, or apps that are big that you don't need, go into Settings App Manager then on the Downloaded tab, scroll down and press on thos apps you no longer need.

Power cycle your device again. Are things better?

This is a general list of things you can do.

Last but not least, you could backup you important content to a PC, write down important settings, and perform a Factory Data Reset. This is a last ditch suggestion to return responsiveness to your device; it would require you to set your phone up all over again, and that would be error intensive, so it's not the first course of action!

Tell me how you do, just power-cycling the device (as many never shut their phones down). FWIW, I do once a week typically.

Regards.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can also try to go to Settings then Storage and tap on cache.  That will clean some from the phone right there.

Try the cache cleaners first then you can move on to the following: 

Back up your pictures to Google Drive or to your computer using the USB cable (like a flash drive) then your contacts are backed up to your Google Account. You can verify this in Gmail Contacts. In Settings menu of the phone scroll down to Back up and rest.  Check Back up my data make sure the backup account is the account you want to back up to, uncheck Automatic restore if you want to reinstall your apps one at a time.  This is a good time to evaluate which apps you need, want, or don't.  The last step is to tap Factory Data Reset.  The phone will power down after asking you if you are sure.  then you set it up again.

0 Likes