My headphone remote stopped working on LG G2
Talchosen

I am having this problem with headphone's remote, which worked perfectly fine until last night.

I have rebooted, went into the safe mode and etc. etc. but those obviously did not solve the problem.

This is not my headphone remote's problem, as it worked perfectly on Apple iPod, Samsung Galaxy S III and Galaxy S IV.

Something in G2 is messed up, causing the headphone's remote to not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: My headphone remote stopped working  on LG G2
stef7
Master - Level 2

Headphone remote? I apologize, I'm not following you. Do you mean a bluetooth headphone perhaps and some buttons associated with it, perhaps to activate dialing? Or buttons to adjust volume?

If you are talking about a Bluetooth device, go into Settings | Bluetooth, unpair/forget and re-pair. See if that fixes things.

If it's something else, please describe it differently.

0 Likes
Re: My headphone remote stopped working on LG G2
Snn5
Legend

Do you mean a pair of headphones with an in-line mic and with a play/pause button?  If so, not all phones or music apps work with those. Usually, if this is what you're using, phone calls can be heard with them but music apps don't always respond.  If this is the case, try a different music app.  If not thus case, please describe in detail what it is you're using.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Yea for all we know, it could be a set of headphones that connect via headphone jack, and it's the volume controls on the headphones that don't seem to be working....

Talchosen

I was using QuadBeat 2, which made excusively for the LG G2. The in-line 3-button remote worked perfect until couple days ago, and it just stopped working. Same with Dr. Beat Studio, which middle play button worked before, and just stopped working also...

Plus I noticed this morning that the loudspeaker on bottom of the phone is not working either.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Ahhh, seems like your audio jack is bad then. Possibly software related though... you'd have to back up your content and perform a Factory Data Reset.

0 Likes
Talchosen

Is loudspeaker malfunction also related to software problem? I am really confused and frustrated since I did not do anything except charging my phone and my headphone's in-line remote and loudspeaker died. I will give factory reset a try. thanks a lot!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sounds like a possible bad board or something got down in the Jack.. just a Guess I'm wondering if the phone was slightly twisted some were,  as for the loud speaker hmm..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

How long have you had the phone.!

0 Likes
Talchosen

Just over a year. I got this phone last sep. 13th

0 Likes