Re: My headphone remote stopped working on LG G2
B33
Legend

Ok and what i meant by slightly twisted, if one or two of the machine screw's inside your phone was over tightened in the manufacturing  too much  it could cause a slight twist in the board.. causing the issue, But hopefully it is software only related & running the F.R. will get things back in order..

0 Likes
Re: My headphone remote stopped working  on LG G2
stef7
Master - Level 2

Generally the audio Jack is electrically wired to send the audio to the loudspeaker by default until headphones are connected, then that circuit is physically interrupted and the audio passes to the device which is plugged in.

0 Likes
Talchosen

I did the factory reset, and no luck with both remote and loudspeaker. Blew personal settings and data for nothing. damn.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

First you were told to back up your content. Second, you had no choice but to rule out software.... I presume you have also tried a different player as well.  then you will be confident it's hardware. by now you know how to proceed. Before a warranty replacement you would have been instructed to do the same.. Hardly was the FDR for nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to assist you with this issue Talchosen! I'm not familiar with headphone remote. Please provide more details about this accessory, feature or application and we'll be able to explore ways to resolve.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Definitely sounds hardware related to me at this point.  I suggest contacting VZW to ask for a replacement.  Obviously being over a year old, a replacement will only occur if you have Total Protection with VZW/Asurion.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Certain credit cards extend manufacturer warranties by a year...

Snn5
Legend

If this is the OP's case as far as outside of warranty period and using a CC to extend, please be aware that return to LG will be required and a 3 week turn-around is to be expected.

0 Likes