My phone won't turned off it locked up on me?
vonettarenee

My phone won't turned off it locked up on me

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My phone won't turned off it locked up on me?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Vonettarenee,

Let's get your phone working again! Were you in a certain application or function when your device locked up? Anything new added to the phone recently? If your phone is still locked up at this time, then you can use this alternate hard reset method; http://vz.to/1NHJxXm.  Once you reach step 5 you can choose "Reboot" rather than "Factory data Reset".  It shouldn't be necessary to factory reset your device yet. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance.

TrevorC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Vonettarenee,

Let's get your phone working again! Were you in a certain application or function when your device locked up? Anything new added to the phone recently? If your phone is still locked up at this time, then you can use this alternate hard reset method; http://vz.to/1NHJxXm.  Once you reach step 5 you can choose "Reboot" rather than "Factory data Reset".  It shouldn't be necessary to factory reset your device yet. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance.

TrevorC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vonettarenee

Lock up again

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Just hold down the power button for about 10-15 seconds.  It will turn off and reboot.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

However, if you must Hard reset to factory settings try this instead.

Plug into charger for the entire process

Charge to 100% and back up and factory reset the G2

(DISABLE google backup and restore of apps and app data in Backup and Reset screen)

Factory reset one more time

Unplug from charger

Set up your phone

Leave G2 on until it dies and turns off 1 time

Leave off and recharge to 100%

0 Likes