NHL Gamecenter Premium Upgrade
mcbamf

As a huge NHL fan, I use the NHL Gamecenter app quite a bit.  I recently upgraded my phone to the LG G2, and now I can't seem to get any of the content that comes with the Premium upgrade that I believe I'm supposed to get for free as a Verizon customer.  When I navigate to the section that has "Verizon Exclusive" content, I get a message that tells me I need to be a Verizon customer to access that content. 

So, from what I can tell, either I'm confused about the Verizon free premium upgrade, or for some reason, the app doesn't seem to be able to recognize me as a Verizon customer. 

Any ideas on how to get the free premium upgrade on my new device?

0 Likes
Re: NHL Gamecenter Premium Upgrade
Not applicable

Works for me on my LG Lucid

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcbamf- Hello, let's get this issue resolved for you, but first just a few questions. Are you able to install or update the app from the playstore? Are you prompted to sign in when you open the Gamecenter application? Also, if you still need assistance, we can check your account via customer service to see if we need to readd any features or open a ticket. Keep us posted.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
mcbamf

I uninstalled and reinstalled the gamecenter app just yesterday and I still

don't seem to get the premium content. If I click the Upgrade button, it

tells me it will cost 9.99. I cancel out of that because I was under the

impression that was free for Verizon customers. There is a sign in button

on the Upgrade page, but my verizon credentials don't seem to work there.

I've created an account on nhl.com, but that doesn't work either.

On Jan 21, 2014 7:39 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
smitty23521
Contributor - Level 1

Premium content meaning live radio, highlights...etc. to watch a live game, you have to have a $9.99 subscripiton

0 Likes
mcbamf

according to Verizon's site https://insidersguide.vzw.com/inside/nhl/ , so

far as I can tell "all verizon tablets and 4G LTE smartphones get a free

premium upgrade" means I should NOT have to pay $9.99.

0 Likes
smitty23521
Contributor - Level 1

Ok that's fine and all but I'm telling you need a $9.99 subscription to watch live games. 4G devices give you premium content which is a list of things but live games require a subscription

0 Likes
mcbamf

Read my original question. I just want the premium upgrade for free. Live

audio and video highlights are included. If you've got an answer to THAT

question, great.

0 Likes
smitty23521
Contributor - Level 1

Downloading the app on a 4G device should automatically unlock the content. If not, visit gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/help.htm or call 866-210-6349 for support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcbamf,

I would love to answer your questions about your premium content on the NHL mobile application. Are you still having issues with the access to the NHL Gamecenter Premium content? If so when you open the application after downloading it there should be two options. One options is for NHL Gamecenter Premium that should not have a subscribe option next to it. Does it show subscribe next to NHL Gamecenter Premium? What price plan do you have? Are you connected to wifi when you download and open the application? Keep me posted.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes