Re: NHL Gamecenter Premium Upgrade
BostonBabs

I have been trying to get the "free" Premium upgrade for a year and I'm still having the same problems as everyone else. I've done everything suggested in this thread, and still, nothing. Just a waste of time. I could understand if this was a new promotion, but like I said, it's been a year since I started trying. I don't have a problem paying for it undrr other circumstances, but if, as a Verizon customer, I'm supposed to be getting it for free? That's a negative, ghostrider.

0 Likes
wdormann

Add me to the list.  I have a Verizon LG G2 on the 4G Verizon network, but the NHL app wants me to pay to get premium access.   What do I do?

0 Likes
deke89

Hey can I get those workaround instructions too?

0 Likes
mcbamf

Seriously. It's been months, and all I see are the same, scripted "hey,

try uninstalling and reinstalling" attempts at troubleshooting. Folks

spend hundreds/thousands a year for Verizon service. They promise a free

feature and fail to deliver. I don't think it's too much to kick down the

code for the $9.99 feature to make the problem go away. The problem is in

the phone, so rebooting, reinstalling, and killing a chicken will not

resolve this issue. Add that to the negative impact Kit Kat has had on the

LG G2, and I'm NOT a happy camper right now. DO BETTER

0 Likes
mlv12785

I have the same issue on my g2. I believe the problem lies in How the phone displays the carrier. On the app setting my g2 says lge is the carrier and it does not work. On my s4 the carrier says the correct verizon wireless and it works. Both phones have verizon as the network provider via nhl app settings.

0 Likes
textbook
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well now that the NHL season is over, I just wanted to thank Verizon Wireless for nothing.  We went an entire NHL season with this issue brought to their attention and they showed their inability to resolve it.  All the while, they continued to advertise and promote this feature non-stop throughout the season virtually every time a hockey game was broadcast.  You couldn't watch an NHL game on NBC without seeing this promo commercial a handful of times. Then they upped the ante and started showing the promo as a pop up graphic bug at the top of the screen during live play during the game!  It annoyed me every time it popped up.  They shoved the promo down everybody's throats, yet when confronted with the evidence that it doesn't work for a set of devices on which it should, they never bothered escalating the issue properly to get it resolved.  That's the problem with promos, they're designed to get you to use Verizon.  They know we already use Verizon, so they have less incentive to fix the issue.  Well, I only use Verizon because my work pays for my plan.  This terrible customer service experience has taught me one thing, if I ever switch employers or have to pay for my own phone service, I know I won't be using Verizon.

Come this fall, I will most likely still be working where I do.  That means I will still have a Verizon plan paid for by my employer.  When the NHL season starts and I start seeing this promotion again (I think this is 2nd year in a row they've done it), I'll resurrect the thread and make another stink, because it's just ridiculous to offer a promotion and not back it up when it doesn't work for a set of devices.  Maybe next year you will figure out how to properly escalate and resolve a technical issue that can't be resolved by the end user.

0 Likes
Thuddome
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure if everyone figured this out but I installed NBC Sports Live and was able to watch games. When you click watch games it launches the NBC app.

0 Likes
Moshland

Any update to this? 2015 with Droid Maxx and no luck... this is the first thread I found, so I'll keep searching elsewhere. I followed 'textbook' hoping to get the fix he/she used last year.

0 Likes