Netflix Streaming Problems (1009 Error)
gregsuarez

I've been streaming Netflix content successfully for the past several weeks.  All of a sudden yesterday I got an error message during a stream that read:

SORRY WE COULD NOT REACH THE NETFLIX SERVICE. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER. IF THE PROBLEMS PERSISTS (sic) PLEASE VISIT THE NETFLIX WEBSITE (1009).

I've been streaming through my Xbox 360, so I don't believe there's a problem with my Netflix subscription or their service.  Netflix's web site is not very helpful with this problem.  I deleted all of the Netflix updates on my LG Revo and re-downloaded them (the phone will not let me completely remove Netflix since it came pre-installed).  I rebooted and even removed the phone's battery to let the cache completely clear.  I've been getting this error message for two days now.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Netflix Streaming Problems (1009 Error)
sk65405
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue.  It started 8/25.  I can view about 30 minutes or so of recently watched videos, but nothing else.  Extremely frustrating.  For what I paid for my Revolution, and for what I pay for service, I expect this all to work as it should.

Troubleshooting Done:

Clear Cache

Clear Data

Uninstall Updates and attempt to watch

Reinstall Updates and attempt to watch

0 Likes
djembeman
I've had this problem in the past and all I had to do was reboot. I just started having the problem again today (9/11/11) and tried:

Rebooting
Going into Application settings/Stopping app
Logging out of my account/Re-loggon
Powering off and pulling battery
Uninstalling updates/rebooting
Logging on with non-updated app
Installing updates again

Still no luck!!!! It was working well untill about 4pm 9/11/11

0 Likes
djembeman
So u don't know if it was a coincidence, but it started working after just logging into my Netflix account on my computer. Maybe it was something with the server or me needing to logon to my account.
0 Likes