New LG Revolution Will not update to Android 2.3.4
matt423

I purchased my wife an lg revolution on Feb 7,2012 it will not update to android 2.3. I have an lg revolution as well that was able to update to android 2.3.4 in November. I talked to a rep at a Verizon store he told me that i would have to contact LG, Lg said that they do not do the updates, Verizon does all of the updates. i have kernel version 2.6.32.9-perf build number VS910VZ6 and Software version VS910ZV6 android version 2.2.2. Also i have done a soft reset and a hard reset. i have went to about phone>software update>and check new it says no new software update available which i know is wrong.LG also told me that Verizon could send the update to my phone. thanks

0 Likes
Re: New LG Revolution Will not update to Android 2.3.4
wlbrown9

I finally got mine to update.  Under Settings, About Phone, Software Update. It took several attempts but finally completed the download and update cycle 2/27.  Now showing Android version 2.3.4, SW version VS910ZV7. Now I am having difficulty maintaining a data connection 😞  Pulled the battery and looks as if it might work now. Flipping between 3G and 4G.  Okay, seems to be working now, but will have to see if it continues. I had power cycled a number of times since the update with mixed results.  Not sure if it is worth the trouble to update.

Bill

0 Likes
alp0811

My Revolution is still at 2.2.2.  Software status "software update" says "update successful" & is dated January 28, 2012.  Software "check new" says "No New Software Update Available"   What the heck????  How do I get the latest & greatest update?????

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Afternoon matt423,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing in attempting to update your software. The latest available software version for the LG Revolution is:  VS910ZV7. I have included additional information below to assist you with verifying the software and processing the update. I apologize we are not able to manually send the update to your handset.

http://goo.gl/nOyPr

http://goo.gl/MJ3vd

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
wlbrown9

My LG Revolution is working much better now on VS910ZV7. I found the App Juice Defender was killing the data connections. I dropped that and switched to Android Booster. I can now stay connected even when it is flipping between 3G and 4G.

0 Likes
matt423

I have went through both processes it is VS910ZV6 android version 2.2.2 i have also checked for new update it says no new update available i have the same phone as my wife and mine updated just fine in November thanks

0 Likes
alp0811

I went through both processes also and I have the same info as you do.  This is crazy.  What good is a "smart"-phone if it won't/can't update to the most current version.  Very annoyed 

0 Likes