New SIM card please help
klyy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently replaced my SIM card because I wasn't getting any 4G. Now that i have a new SIM card I am not getting any signal or data even though my phone shows I have both. Please Help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New SIM card please help
Snn5
Legend

Take SIM out.  Restart phone and replace SIM.  May have to reboot once more.  If that isn't the case I think the system might have seen your card as authorized, but may be getting confused by having 2 cards.  Might be the new one hasnt really registered on the network correctly yet.  I'd call VZW and make sure they deauthorize your old card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Take SIM out.  Restart phone and replace SIM.  May have to reboot once more.  If that isn't the case I think the system might have seen your card as authorized, but may be getting confused by having 2 cards.  Might be the new one hasnt really registered on the network correctly yet.  I'd call VZW and make sure they deauthorize your old card.

0 Likes
klyy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks I'll give it a try.

I can't send calls though, which is why I've been trying to reach Verizon online.

Snn5
Legend

Yeas, that was my next suggestion.  Chat online.

0 Likes
klyy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't seem to find the link to chat online anywhere.

I've been looking for it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
klyy
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I can't do a live chat because I can't receive the pin they send me because I can't get text messages.

My phone sits on the activation screen. I think it needs to be activated, but I can't do that on here either.

I may have to take it into a Verizon store.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Are you a completely new customer?  Have you registered for a My Verizon account online before?  I only have to enter in my phone number and password.

0 Likes
klyy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not new. I am not the primary account holder and I do not already have an account. So without the pin they send me I can not create one.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

As soon as the account holder gives you the info or adds you as an authorized user you should be able to get some success.  But, it's also doubtful a store, if they are ensuring security measures, will allow anyone to make changes or activate equipment if they are not the primary account holder.

0 Likes