New User - Need Music HELP!!!!!
utkgrad101

How do I store the music on my phone if it isn't already?  I don't want to eat up my data each month. I only have 2gs of it and I run, so I play music - a lot!

I have come to find out that the music is NOT stored on my phone and is therefore using the cloud drive to play music.  So I am now receiving warnings about my data usage.

How can I download the music to my actual phone?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: New User - Need Music HELP!!!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where are you getting the music from currently? Your Play Music account, Pandora or somewhere else?

You could connect your phone manually to your computer and drag and drop music from the computer to the storage space on the phone either the internal memory or the SD card if the phone has such a slot. Once on the phone itself, you won't incur the data usage to play the music.

The could be other methods of saving the music to the phone for offline listening, but it would depend on which application you use for your music.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rcschnoor
Legend

You don't mention whether or not the music you are listening to is music you actually own or if it is music provided by a streaming service such as Pandora as Ann154 has indicated.

As far as I know, free streaming music providers do not offer a method to save music to your phone.

Otherwise, if you own the music, you could transfer it via USB cable when your phone is connected to your computer or via wifi thru a wifi router connected to your computer.

As Ann154 has also pointed out, a bit more information is needed in order for us to help you.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
utkgrad101

See I didn't even know to include that in the post. Smiley Happy I own the music.  I used to have an iPhone and it is ALL the music that was (and still is) on my iTunes.  I have transferred the music, but I HAVE to have a hard copy so to speak on my actual phone.  That is the main reason I switched - because I got more memory on the LG G2.

I have already plugged in the USB cord and transferred music, but I know it still plays off my Cloud drive as evident by my data usage.  Should I just go back in the store and ask them?

0 Likes
Not applicable

This is easy. Connect the LG G2 via usb cable to your laptop/desktop. Next you will note the computer recognizes the device and assigns a drive letter to it in Windows Explorer Could be Drive E, F, G and so on.

If it is showing open the music folder on your computer, find the music in the itunes music folder and you can either select one file at at time or select all and then click "COPY" do not choose cut!

Then look for the device drive letter for the phone. Open the folder and you will find the MUSIC folder, double click the music folder to open it ion the phone, then anywhere in the folder right click and select paste. The music wuill now transfer over to your device and keep the original files in your computer.

You then after all the music is copied over simply unplug the usb cable from your computer.

It really is easy. once you do it once.

Good Luck

Not applicable

You don't use the Google play music to play songs on your device stored locally. Use the other music player playing app on your LG G2. Don't use Google Play Music if you have local songs. You can find the MUSIC PLAYER playing app under your apps control screen.

Good Luck

Message was edited by: Elector

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You don't mention which app you are using to play the music.

If it is Google's "Play Music" app as  Elector has indicated, simply make sure it is only playing music stored on the device.

To do this, bring up "My Library" and then click on "My Library" to the right of the headphones. You should have 2 options, "All Music" and "On Device". Select "On Device" and then only music actually on the device should be listed.

To be doubly sure you are not using data to listen to music, go into your settings and make sure "Download via Wi-Fi only" and "Stream via Wi-Fi only" are both checked.

If you are using another app to listen to the music, make sure similar settings are made within the app.