No Service - toggles from 4g to no service in certain areas around town
gonzomoma

Is anyone else having this problem? I just purchased the phone on 09/28/13. It worked great in the store and at home. Then I go to work in the downtown area and BAM no service. This has not happened before with my two previous phones and others in my workplace who are verizon customers but have different phones have 4G service. I have had the sim card replaced and I was also given another phone (in case I had a bad one). Still No Service and this is not good for me. Others are looking at my phone and are considering purchasing one until I tell them about the service issue. Also I was in another part of town and the same thing No service. What to do? I love this phone when it has service.

0 Likes
tabletuser_blogspot

wonder if swapping from global to lte/cdma would change anything? Maybe a way to get 3G only? I have bad 4G areas on my bionic, waiting for replacement 4G to see if those areas are bad for 2G also.  Hoping Bionic radios are old and dated and that G2 radios do a better job grabbing 4G signal.

0 Likes
gonzomoma

Sorry that still didn't resolve the issue.

0 Likes
Re: No Service - toggles from 4g to no service in certain areas around town
Tastiestbean

I have the same issue on my G2 seems to be certain areas that it just does not want to connect. It's definitely tower related because I have Verizon 4G phones that work in the same area. The most ridiculous part of all this is the Verizon store I purchased the phone from wants to charge me a $35 restocking fee to switch phones!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there gonzomoma,

Congrats on the LG G2.  It is a great phone and I want to make sure that you have a great experience with it. What zip code are you having issues in? Does it primarily occur indoors or as soon as you enter the downtown area?

Please provide additional details so I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there tastiestbean,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the LG G2 as well. I don't mean to sound repetitive by asking you the same questions, but they are important to determine if the issue is area specific.

What zip code are you having issues in? Are the issues occuring indoors, outdoors or both?

One thing I would like you to try is to power of the device and remove and reinsert the sim card. Power the device back on and test.  For proper sim card handling steps please visit http://vz.to/17a9hqq.

There is a $35 restocking fee if a device is returned to the store, because the device cannot be sold again as brand new. If it is being returned due to the device being defective we can certainly take a look at waiving that, but we'd like to see if we can get you up and running first.

Keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW

0 Likes
gonzomoma

I did just as you requested and still No 4G. Very Upset.

0 Likes
dpyle47

My services has been intermittent since last Monday.  Most of the time my calls do go through at all or if they do go through then they drop. I have contacted Verizon three times in the last week. At first they told me it was my phone which I just purchased a few months ago.  They told me to shut my phone completely off, take out battery, take out sim card and wipe back of sim card off with soft cloth and then turn back on.  Still didn't work.  They also told me that the tower in my area was working fine and no problems had been reported. Had the same issue last night and asked my 2 children, mother-in-law and friend who also live in my area and they were having the same problem, so I called again and actually talked to someone who was truthful.  After doing some research he told me that several complaint had been reported and also filed on the community forum and our whole area was having trouble  he was checking into it and a ticket was being prepared for me and also that I would receive notification when the problem was resolved.  I spoke to a friend at work this morning who had also reported a problem last week and it still hasn't been resolved.

Well, guess what I don't have service again today!  For what I pay monthly for my phone service (even with a discount from my employer) I think I should get a credit or else they should get this problem resolved once and for all. How long does it take to resolve this problem and what are people supposed to do in the meantime!  Very frustrated!  I switched from AT&T to Verizon because I was told what great service it was.  Now almost wish I hadn't switched!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gonzomoma, thanks for your patience & trying a few steps to resolve your service issue. The sim card is what connects your device to our network. I recommend that you briefly remove the sim card and then place it back into your device. Click http://vz.to/17Ws4sE to retrieve the steps on how to do this. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
thomasrd2

I have read were many people have complained of issues with the G2.  It seems that there is a bad batch of phones.  I bought mine on 9/12 and I have not seen any of these problems.  I can only help that this is resolved very soon as this is a really good phone.

0 Likes