Not Receving all my text messages
ajschimke

I have been having this issue on and off for a while now.  Is there something I need to do to my phone to be able to get all my text messages?  This is very frustrating!!!

0 Likes
Re: Not Receving all my text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, ajschimke!

I am bummed to learn that you are not getting all of your messages! Do you notice a commonality with these messages? Are you not receiving from one or two particular person? Do you know if you cannot receive from only other VZW users? Also, are you using a third party texting app, like Handsent or GoSMS? Keep me updated so I can better assist!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ajschimke

I receive and do not receive text messages from all users!!!!  It comes and goes.  Some days I get all and other days I get a few here and there.  My daughter is on our plan and just recently I have not been receiving messages from her!!!  This is a BIG ISSUE!!!!  It seems like this is an on going issue/problem with this phone.  But as I look at other message boards it looks like this is an issue with many of your phones.  I am looking to upgrading my phone and I am wondering what phone would give me the least issues.  I have been with you guys for 12+ years and never have had issues until now.  What is the deal?  I would hate to switch company's but if this is a common issue with smart phones we may have to look at another carrier.  My husband and daughter do not have smart phone have have no issues with calls coming in or text messages.  Why is that?

0 Likes
Shadedred
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same ISSUE HERE!!!

0 Likes
Shadedred
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't have the issues with Verizon customers. I'm using the standard messaging application on my handset.

0 Likes
Roamingdoc83
Enthusiast - Level 2

RIGHT ON!

I DO not receive "longer" text messages but most (perhaps all) short messages come thru. I have set the limit to 250 just to see if somehow a long text message (over five or six sentences, not paragraphs) comes thru, no joy.

I have been on the phone with Verizon three times. I can have the sender send me and my LG the text message 'and' himself. He gets the long text message on his old flip phone, I get zip, nada, nothing! This is actually a problem because I don't know what the cutoff is and "what" I may not be getting.

Seems strange that a text message with perhaps 7 sentences in it won't go thru and I'm not seeing but perhaps 50 total text messages in my rec'd! Anyone finding ANY solutions?  Verizon full service plan, Enlighten phone... been Verizon for nearly 8 years but have to fix this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Shadedred!

I use messaging all the time, so I would be upset as well! I did a little research for you, and I am showing that we are aware of the issue and are working with the manufacturer of the device on a resolution. In the meantime, I would recommend powering your phone off/on once a day to keep the registration fresh in the network. It's not necessary to keep the phone powered off for any siginificant amount of time, just a quick power cycle will suffice.

Thanks very much,

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Shadedred
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you Christina. I'd like to receive a credit to my bill since the product sold me to is defective and it is cost-prohibitive for me to upgrade my device. Who can I talk to about that?

0 Likes
Perkins

This seems like a huge problem with this phone and it is very frustrating. If i would have known this phone was such junk i would have never gotten it but now I am stuck recieving messages here and there for the next year. For one reason or another it seems like i have to restart it daily and that still doesn't help recieve all my messages. I am using the messaging ap that came on the phone.

0 Likes