Not receiving all text messages (LG revolution)
JustinMB

Missy, if you haven't experienced the issue, then you can't understand how frustrating it is. Text messages are so hit-or-miss on my LG Revolution, and it is so aggravating to never know if one of my messages made it through or not, and not know if I am missing messages people are trying to send me. I have also had misunderstandings caused by messages arriving to recipients DAYS after I have sent them, on the occasions they do actually arrive. This is an ongoing, widespread issue that has continued for an inexcusable amount of time. There are no updates currently that fix this, it is not an issue with a third party app, and factory resetting the phone is not the answer. I do see this as a failure on Verizon's part - not only have they done nothing to resolve this for a long time now, but I can only imagine the countless people they have put through the additional hassle of having to wipe all data off their phone and start from scratch, only to have it not improve the problem whatsoever. I like a lot of things about Verizon, and I am not here to rip on them, but this is a problem I would like to see addressed, and the more people talk about it, the more likely I hope they are to pay attention to this issue and do something about it. I find it almost humorous how people continue to post that they have tried factory resetting and updating the phone, and yet the only solution Verizon continues to post here is to try those steps. Guys - THAT DOESN"T WORK. Can you please get that through your heads and give us a different solution to try? And one other thing - this is not the early 1900s, we are not bound to landlines in our homes and offices, texting is a feature that has worked flawlessly for me since I got my first Verizon phone (that Nokia that everyone had), and today it is a common method of communication that is perfectly reasonable to expect to work as it should. The solution is not for me to somehow try to make everyone in the world that may try to send me an important message via text aware that I prefer to live in a different millennium. The solution is for Verizon to stop pulling the same tricks out of the lazy support technician's grab bag and provide a software update that actually fixes this bug.

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving all text messages (LG revolution)
jfrank89

I have the same phone, same issue, same horrible customer service. I don't even know why I pay for a text messaging plan that doesn't even work. It is absolutely awful.

0 Likes
goodbodies

I recently began to have the same problem, but only after having 2 Revolutions...According to Verizon , this is a malfunction with LG and their updating software...They should correct it in a month or so...We will see.

0 Likes
hadesnuggz

I'm having the same problem, and it just started. I have had this phone for 6 months with no problems, but now my phone doesnt want to receive full texts, or picture messages. And I only have a couple other apps installed on my phone which shouldnt mess with my messaging at all. (FF3 and StarSafari)

0 Likes
nofxroxx

I have the same phone, same problem. There's an app that "catches" all of your missed text messages. It's called "ghostly sms" it really works. Since I've had it, it's caught 65 missed text messages. Who knows if it catches all of them, but it obviously works to some degree, better than nothing!

0 Likes
amberj32
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't see any answers to this problem. I've been having this problem for about a year since I've had the phone. It has gotten worse the past two weeks. I've gotten almost no text messages(SMS) and picture messages (MMS) even longer. I can't wait until June to upgrade this piece of **** phone.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator for language. <>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there amberj32!

Rats! All these text messaging issues sure seem to have presented a problem. But good news here is it's nothing we can't work together on fixing and we shouldn't have to worry about a new device just yet. So, let's go full speed ahead because this has been going on for far too long.

First, is your text messaging the only issue that's really present on your phone? Do you use a third party messaging app? Are text messages just delayed or do they not send/receive at all? And what's your zip code? In the meantime, I've still got a few things you can try. The first is to start by deleting old threads of messages. That will clear some room up for flawless messaging. Another thing I would recommend if using the stock app is to go to settings > applications > manage applications > all > messaging > clear cache, data and force close. I'll keep my eye out for your reply!

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Thumpnbunnie

I'm having this problem also. It's been going on since I got my Revolution, but it seems to have gotten much worse in the last few weeks. It's not just text messages that I'm not getting either. I have had at least 3 people (confirmed by their call logs) that have attempted to contact me and my phone doesn't ring or register the call at all. I also have the issue with getting texts days later but I'm still definitely not receiving all of them.  I've freed up space in my messages and that doesn't help. I do have a few apps on my phone, but the problem started before I downloaded anything, and I haven't downloaded anything new in the recent weeks that the issue has become worse.

I do have to say that it is VERY frustrating, especially since I do not have a land line phone. My cell phone is my primary way of communicating  with my family several hundred miles away, my friends close by, and coworkers all over the country. I have been with Verizon for over ten years and I have two phones. I have to say that over the last few years I have certainly not been impressed by my service, my bill, and/or several of the changes they have made. I travel quite frequently and I have stayed with Verizon because of their extensive coverage area, but that large coverage area doesn't mean anything if the service isn't working. One of my contracts has been up for a while now. To be honest, I'm in no rush to renew it and have been weighing my options with other carriers. And much like the previous post stated, I'm not trying to put Verizon down and say they are terrible. I know that all carriers have their issues. But I have to say that Verizon used to be amazing and I didn't mind paying a bit extra for service I could count on. That has changed in the last few years and I am very disappointed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Thumpnbunnie,
10 years is a long time and I certainly appreciate your loyalty. I don't ever want you to be disappointed we are always here to help. Let's resolve your device concerns! Are any other Verizon Wireless near you with a different phone experiencing this? If it's clear this is solely a device issue we may need to jump to a reset. Please backup your phone and complete a factory reset here http://vz.to/UIBX56 . If you are still unsuccessful please send me a Dm with your mobile number. Thank you. 

Tominque B.
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
WIsconnie

I've dealt with this problem since I got the Revolution in November of 2011.  I've performed factory resets... I've tried other sms apps... I've gone back to the stock messaging... NOTHING fixes the problem.  This phone just does not receive messages over a certain number of characters.  Even better is when they show up as "1 of 2" or "1 of 3" but the rest of the message never follows.  I'm at the point where I'm just buying my time until I can upgrade and get a new phone.  In the mean time I bad mouth this LG phone constantly.

I don't blame Verizon, I blame LG.  I am, however, frustrated that I can find so many threads about the text problem dating back more than a year and yet there is still no fix or resolution?  That is a failure of Verizon's in customer support in my opinion.

(The phone also has reset problems.  Besides just randomly restarting on its own, it will also reset in the middle of me entering my password to unlock the phone.  Biggest piece of garbage I've ever owned.)

0 Likes