Not recieving texts from Iphone users
Devilishmary27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just signed up with Verizon and got my new LG G2 but I'm unable to receive or send messages to IPhone users. I've already tried downloading the Verizon messages app and done a factory reset on my phone. Not sure what else to try here. I've never owned an IPhone so the deregister of Imessage does no good. Any Ideas??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not recieving texts from Iphone users
Devilishmary27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, So not sure what happened, but the next day I was able to send and receive to Iphones. It was weird and I'm not sure if it just took longer to port those contacts or what??? but so far so good and no trouble... I don't get it but thank you guys for your help and responses!!

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

I'm not sure the issue here as I have a G2 and have never had a problem with texting to iPhones.  No issues with other Android users?  Not a SIM issue?

0 Likes
Devilishmary27
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far, I've no issues with androids. I'm able to make calls and do everything else on my phone, just texting is not 100%

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Everything I have read states that iMessage is to blame, even though you did not have an iPhone, those users who were sending texts to your number may have a setting set up wrong.  I read this The problem is that the OS7 comes with "send SMS message when imessage is not available" disabled. Tell your friends to fix this on their phone and it will fix everything.   From    iPhone text messages not going to my Android | Apple Support Communities

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Is this your first cell phone ever? If not, were you able to receive texts from iPhone users on your previous cell phone(s)?

Have you inquired with your contacts what color of bubble is around the text messages they are sending you? If it is blue, they are attempting to send it as an iMessage and think your phone is an iPhone. If it is green, they are attempting to send it as a text.

As Snn5 has stated, there is a setting in iMessages which much be turned on to send messages as SMS/MMS if iMessage is unavailable. It is possible that this is not set such that a SMS/MMS can be sent.

Do you not receive texts from ANY iPhones or do messages from some iPhones get thru?

Devilishmary27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, So not sure what happened, but the next day I was able to send and receive to Iphones. It was weird and I'm not sure if it just took longer to port those contacts or what??? but so far so good and no trouble... I don't get it but thank you guys for your help and responses!!