On my third LG G2.
chajolm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello, I'm curious as to how many phones I have to go through before they replace it with something else? This is my favorite phone. I'm not just wanting new phone, I want a working LG G2. It would seem as though the only way that might happen is to get the LG G3 . I'm on my third phone in 8 or 9 months. The last two had touchscreen issues where the knock on stopped working and there was a dead spot near the top of the screen about a 1/2" wide. I just received another replacement and this one is heating up really fast. I've turned just about everything off and it still gets very hot.

Does Verizon, or any carrier, ever just let you pick out a new phone? It feels like I'm just going to get replacements until the warranty expires at which time I'll have to pay a deductible to get a "new" one.

Has anyone ever been able to just get a different phone after so many problems?

I've done all the troubleshooting already with no luck.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On my third LG G2.
Snn5
Legend

You don't pay a deductible unless the fault was your own. Nonetheless you will continue to receive G2 replacements until you either early upgrade at heavy cost, buy preowned, or buy retail.  VZW will not replace with a different model. I'm on my 4th. This one works fine though. I also have total equipment protection.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

You don't pay a deductible unless the fault was your own. Nonetheless you will continue to receive G2 replacements until you either early upgrade at heavy cost, buy preowned, or buy retail.  VZW will not replace with a different model. I'm on my 4th. This one works fine though. I also have total equipment protection.

chajolm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the answer. It's not what I wanted to hear but I didn't expect them to do anything more than just replace it again. I thought that with the insurance on the phone, the $5 something a month plan, you could get a new phone if it breaks but I thought you had to pay the deductible. Are you saying that if my phone is defective again after the warranty is up, that the insurance will cover a replacement at no charge?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The $5 plan covers warranty past the manufacturer.... Basically extending same coverage. The $8 does the same but replaces phone if your fault for loss or damage for $100 deductible.  Either way the original model is replaced.

chajolm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, again. I suppose I need to read that warranty info a little closer. I was under the impression that the $5 one would cover the phone through the two year contract. That it would cover replacement for any reason, even cracked glass. I also thought all replacements would require the deductible. Time to look into that since I know this phone will continue to fail. I have no reason to think otherwise. I do feel I and obviously you, Snn5, should just get a new one that has the issues fixed since the replacement phones are hit or miss. So far........ miss and a miss.

No worries, things could be a lot worse than a little hassle with a phone. It's just a little frustrating since I just got this one and just got this one a few days ago.     

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Call LG and tell them of your experience with the replacements. This is completely unacceptable. For some LG G2s, I guess the update collided with the firmware for the touchscreen. People got those replaced and had no problems. Don't know why you're having such bad luck.

FWIW, my LG G2 has been solid.

Snn5
Legend

LG will require current unit to be sent in for repairs. User will be without phone until it is returned.  Shipping is prepay one way.  User pays return.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Good point. I didn't suggest they have LG do the replacement, but if you've had 3 in such a short time-frame, there's the argument that they should send you a new one gratis and allow you to return the other. You can always make your case.

The turn is something I would expect for a Samsung phone, but not an LG.

chajolm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I already contacted LG last week before getting the replacement from Verizon. I was letting them know that I've had the same problem, again and have read about numerous others having the same touchscreen issues. I have to believe there is a flaw in the screen. I'm wishing I would've just sent it to LG. They made it seem like they know of the screen issues. In which case I feel I should've just been told to run up to the Verizon store and they'll have a new LG G2 or a G3 waiting for me and thank you for being an LG customer. 

Anyway, they told me I would be responsible for shipping the phone to them and they would cover the return shipping. It would be a 5-7 day turnaround once they received the phone. Either way, like I said, this still is my favorite phone. The only one that I like almost as much is my wife's HTC One. Maybe they'll swap out this damaged G2 for last a refurbished HTC One.

Thank you all for the replies!

0 Likes