Over-the-Air Update for an International version
gyanesh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an international version of G2 (factory unlocked) which I am using here in India. It seems to be like I am not getting the over-the-air software updates. Is it possible to activate this by any chance?

0 Likes
Re: Over-the-Air Update for an International version
Snn5
Legend

Since updates come from Verizon and Verizon only supports their own equipment, I'm not sure you'd get an OTA since you don't have a VS980.  I know there is all sorts of criteria used to match the update to the specific information about the phone...basebands, OS, ESN, and other stuff written into the code. And, do you have Verizon in India?

0 Likes
gyanesh
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is a VS980. We dont have Verizon in India, I am able to use it with a local carrier since this is the factory unlocked international version and can be used for any GSM network anywhere.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I wasn't aware that the VS980 was international.  I know it has some similar bands and it is global.  You'd have to check with your carrier on the 100% compatibility.  However, your carrier would also control the OTA.  The best place to start would be there.

0 Likes
gyanesh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will try. Here in India, the carriers only control the mobile services. I will find out nonetheless. Thanks.