Permant Screen Lock
GloriaFan1

Somehow my swipe to unlock has been disabled and now I'm left with the options of punching in a PIN or drawing a pattern.  I've been on the phone with both Verizon & LG and neither seem to know what happened and both suggest a hard reset on my phone.  I honestly do not want to do that.  If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Permant Screen Lock
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you use Android Pay or any other application that requires a more secured phone, the swipe to unlock is not available.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can change back to any other screen lock option by going to Settings-Security-and tapping on (clear) Credentials.  This will allow you to go back to your lock screen settings and choose a new option.  If you have APay in use, you will lose the card info after 15 min if you do not re setup a pin or pattern.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure you can easily manage your device, GloriaFan1. Did this start after new app or update installed? Are you able to unlock the phone but not change the lock option?
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GloriaFan1

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I ended up taking my phone to a store & getting the issue fixed there.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You don't say what was done to rectify the problem

0 Likes
GloriaFan1

I don't know what he did, that's why. I asked him, but even wasn't sure. Sorry.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Too bad others won't have an answer to this issue.

0 Likes