Phone shutting off when not using and does not start back up by itself
tiggerpolo81

I bought the LG Revolution phone 2 1/2 weeks ago and since then twice when I have not been using it, it shuts off by itself and does not power back up until I realize it is off and then I hold down the power key to restart it. It also turns off in the middle of using an app but then restarts itself. Is this a known glitch or is something wrong with this particular phone? Since I am after the 2 week mark, can I exchange it? Or am I out $200 for an issue that isn't my fault?

0 Likes
Re: Phone shutting off when not using and does not start back up by itself
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

tiggerpolo81, I know your phone shutting off and on is very frustrating. I will attempt to assist you with some suggestions to resolve this issue. I researched this issue and found that some customers have reported this as an issue and we have also reported it to our device team. We will attempt to address the issue with any future updates for this phone. In the mean time, I recommend checking to see if a third party app is causing the issue. 

Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications that have been installed via the Android Market. Performing this step is necessary to determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue. 

Enable Safe Mode

1. With the device powered down, press and hold the power button (upper-right corner).
  2. When the LG Logo screen appears, press and hold the volume down key.
  3. Release the volume down key when Safe mode is displayed at the lower-left.
    This may take up to 30 seconds.

Disable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button (upper-right corner).
  2. Select Restart.

Additionally , if the issue continues we can review your account and device for warranty replacement options. If the phone is within its one-year manufacturers warranty and have no physical or water damage, it can be replaced with the same model. 

0 Likes
janice4545

I could only get erase all data when using your directions

What am I doing wrong ?

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning janice4545.

Is the phone powered all the way off when you are following the steps?  Please select the following link for step by step instructions for this setting. LG Revolution Safe Mode

If you are still unable to set this up on your device, please send me a Private Message and I will be happy to personally assist you.

Thank you,

0 Likes