Phone wiped clean after too many attempts
Karatemama

My son tried to get into my phone without knowing the password. He tried so many times it reset. Now I have to totally set up my phone again. What is the point of wiping the phone clean of everything, even the screen lock, and giving the phone stealers a phone ready to set up?  Wouldn't it be better to lock everyone out for a given period of time?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone wiped clean after too many attempts
Snn5
Legend

It is to prevent privacy issues and ID theft.  Better to be without a phone than to have ID stolen.  Plus, with it clean, you can still locate a lost phone with Device Manager and can report it stolen to Verizon to have it blacklisted from being activated again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It is to prevent privacy issues and ID theft.  Better to be without a phone than to have ID stolen.  Plus, with it clean, you can still locate a lost phone with Device Manager and can report it stolen to Verizon to have it blacklisted from being activated again.

0 Likes
Karatemama

Well.... doesn't seem like the best way to handle it.  Be that as it may, I have been loading my apps and when I look at them in the apps manager many show a date of 1/1/1970.  What's up with that?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I have noticed that on all my current and past smartphones.  Some will display the created date, some the installed date, and others some way back date.  IDK that there is a specific reason.

I have read:

The system currently only tracks apps that are downloaded - so there is a database of first run authorizations, but it's neither documented how to access it nor clear that it stores an actual first use date or just a flag clearing the app to run again.

You might try an app like this or similar:

App Install Tracker - Android Apps on Google Play

While it's not a need-to-know type of thing, some folks want to know when apps were installed.

0 Likes