Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phone wiped clean after too many attempts
Karatemama

My son tried to get into my phone without knowing the password. He tried so many times it reset. Now I have to totally set up my phone again. What is the point of wiping the phone clean of everything, even the screen lock, and giving the phone stealers a phone ready to set up?  Wouldn't it be better to lock everyone out for a given period of time?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Phone wiped clean after too many attempts
Snn5
Sr. Leader

It is to prevent privacy issues and ID theft.  Better to be without a phone than to have ID stolen.  Plus, with it clean, you can still locate a lost phone with Device Manager and can report it stolen to Verizon to have it blacklisted from being activated again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

It is to prevent privacy issues and ID theft.  Better to be without a phone than to have ID stolen.  Plus, with it clean, you can still locate a lost phone with Device Manager and can report it stolen to Verizon to have it blacklisted from being activated again.

0 Likes
Karatemama

Well.... doesn't seem like the best way to handle it.  Be that as it may, I have been loading my apps and when I look at them in the apps manager many show a date of 1/1/1970.  What's up with that?

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

I have noticed that on all my current and past smartphones.  Some will display the created date, some the installed date, and others some way back date.  IDK that there is a specific reason.

I have read:

The system currently only tracks apps that are downloaded - so there is a database of first run authorizations, but it's neither documented how to access it nor clear that it stores an actual first use date or just a flag clearing the app to run again.

You might try an app like this or similar:

App Install Tracker - Android Apps on Google Play

While it's not a need-to-know type of thing, some folks want to know when apps were installed.

0 Likes