I dropped my phone in water. It freaked out, I turned it off - put it in a bag of rice [thanks internet..] and turned it on after some time. It worked for a while. Then the screen went black but the notification light was still working. I held the power button to turn it off and it shut down for a while, but turned itself back on and got hot. I turned it off again and popped the back cover to give it a bit more air. I don't have the tools to remove the battery and it's really complicated. WHAT DO I DO?
How long is awhile in the bag of rice? You should have left it in for several days at a minimum.
The LG G2 doesn't have a removable battery? I certainly thought it did. I know the LG G3 does. I simply take off the back cover and pull the battery out.
Edit: after looking at the owner's manual I see that it is certainly a non removable battery. Curious they went with a removable one for the G3.