Re: Predictive text after update
Snn5
Legend

I admit, I always know the next word I'm going to type, so I really only use the bar for spellcheck.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Khines5705,

Being happy with your phone is definitely important, so I completely understand your concerns. What specific issues are you having with the predictive text function on your phone?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
jamesdixn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's very limited and unsophisticated compared to the old predictive text. What appears they did is put stock Android on instead of the LG predictive text. Stock Android predictive text sucks horribly because its terrible at predicting.

it only gives you 3 bad choices instead of 5 good choices and if you were to scroll down the list with the old LG predictive text you would get many choices. This gives you 3, really two bad choices because as you're typing the center choice is exactly what you're typing and is not exactly a choice. So , it went from five intelligent choices where the programming is good at predicting what youre trying to write , to two bad choices , world much smaller and simpler less intelligent program offers poor choices.

The old intelligent predictive text was great at spell checking as you go along because you can see all of your choices spelling correctly.

The new predictive text is absolutely horrible and spell checking because it's a very small stupid program that is terrible at predicting the next word and at predicting what you're trying to write.

It's obviously a smaller, less sophisticated, less intuitive, less intelligent program that is so bad it's almost useless. It's exactly like the stock Android predictive text. I have a nexus 7 and the predictive text on that sucks as bad as the LG g2 new predictive text.

You would think a much smaller and much less intelligent program would be at least faster to pop up but no, it takes a lot longer for the keyboard to switch from voice recognition to keyboard than it used to and it generally takes a lot longer for the keyboard popup than it used to.

Where in the world can I go to get the old predictive text program and put it on my phone? It would be nice if Verizon / LG / Google would just give  us the vastly  superior more intelligent and faster keyboard back with an update

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Did you try this?

Screenshot_2015-07-11-13-28-32.png

jamesdixn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Right. That's what I use it for also. Now it can't do that either. Also if its a long word I will go up and click on the word instead of typing it all out. But with the new stupid slow unsophisticated predictive text it can never find big words.

It's way too stupid to find big words. It looks like what they did is make the program a whole lot smaller with so few choices and so unintelligent that it has become useless. And on top of that, it's also slower

0 Likes
jamesdixn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes it's useless. It really looks what they did is get rid of the intelligent LG program and replace it with the retarded Google program from 4 years ago. Maybe they were trying to save space but it didn't work so it's time to bring back LG predictive text from 2014 instead of Google predictive text from 2010.

Snn5
Legend

I guess I don't understand.  My predictive text finds the right word and corrects the spelling along the way.  I also have my Google voice patterns trained to large words, and it seems to spell them right and know what word I either said or meant every time.

jamesdixn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The voice recognition appears to be just as good as it used to be, and yes it knows big words, probably because it learns them as we use them.

I'm complaining about the predictive text on the keyboard not the voice recognition. Instead of five choices and then many more choices if you scroll right you get really two choices , because the center choice is just what you're typing , and it's quite stupid. It has been programmed to not know big words because Google is being used by billions of people that don't know English very well.

Google has intentionally cut big words out of its dictionary that people don't use very much because they don't speak English as their first language. I actually read an article that was written by someone that works for google in this very department that says that this is exactly what they are doing in order to make it run faster.

They don't want a big vocabulary. Google wants a small vocabulary for the entire world instead of a sophisticated intelligent vocabulary. Because that makes the program run faster and makes it smaller theoretically.

Google has always sucked at predictive text when typing. The predictive text program is Small stupid and slow. You'd think it would at least be fast but they can't even get that right.

Now for some reason LG / Verizon has decided to go with Google's stupid slow small predictive text instead of lgs sophisticated large fast predictive text.

Verizon , being an American company , should go back to the large sophisticated fast vicabulary for their customers that speak English as a first language

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Screenshot_2015-07-11-15-25-33.png

0 Likes
jamesdixn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know what you're trying to say here. You were spelling the word correctly and you had to almost spell the entire word before it found it. So it is still quite slow and quite stupid compared to the previous LG keyboard. I've got a lot of experience with this new stupid slow keyboard and its exactly like this stupid slow keyboard that is on stock Google garbage.

They took a sophisticated Fast predictive text that corrected your spelling and found the word even if you were spelling it incorrectly and found the work much faster while you were typing it and they replaced that great keyboard with something that is old slow and stupid from 5 years ago.

There is no question that this is what has happened. The evidence is overwhelming.

0 Likes