Problem charging with original charger.
majesticmermaids

The past 3 nights in a row, when I plug my phone in to charge it pops up with a notice saying that charging has stopped to prevent damage to the phone and instructs me to use the charger that my phone came with. The problem is that I am using my phone's original charger that it came with. After a quick restart it's just fine and will charge like normal. I'm afraid some time when I go to try again, restarting won't fix it. Is this a known problem? Is there a way I can fix/prevent it? Thank you!

lgg2charge.png

0 Likes
Re: Problem charging with original charger.
B33
Legend

Well I'll give ya some things you can Try.. But my first Question is how old is your G2 ?  Have you had it less than 14 days..

If it's not past the 14 day return you might think about returning it because there may be a issue with the port on the phone or the plug end of your charger,

What i would do first thing if you don't have an extra charger at Home, Go to your local Verizon comm store ask them to check your phone and your charger..

1. If phone charges with one of there chargers then it's your charger have them get you a replacement charger. And i would call LG let them know of it and since it has a year warranty they should be able to ship one out to you free of charge..

2. If the phone will not charge then the phones Mini port is bad.. The G2 will have to be replaced.. See if the store can replace it for you..

Good Luck.. b33 

0 Likes
majesticmermaids

Thank you very much for the tips! My phone is just over a month old so I definitely can't return it but I've had zero problems with it before now so I'd be pretty disappointed if something was wrong. I do have extra chargers here but not the same kind that came with the phone. When I tried using another charger before it didn't stop the charge, it just said it would charge faster if I used the original one. So I'll try that but I'll most likely head down to a Verizon store as well to have it actually looked at.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Okie Doke well I'd that and I have LG ship one out to ya since you have a Year warranty and that should cover the Battery and the Charger.. Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
jlgclassof2000

mine did that too.  I was plugging it in to a power strip, and although it worked flawlessly numerous times previously, it started giving me that error message 1 night & refused to charge it.  I switched to an outlet on my wall & it charged just fine.  Damn picky thing!

0 Likes