Recent apps key gone
Robbynf29
Enthusiast - Level 1

Until about a week ago I was using the recent apps key at the bottom of the screen with no problems.  I toggled back and forth with recent apps and could clear all.  Then it disappeared.  Now I just have back, home and the menu buttons.  If I go into the settings, display, home touch buttons, button combination, I get the message "unfortunately settings has stopped."  Anyone else have this problem??  At first I wondered if there was an update but didn't see one.  I did boot my phone in safe mode and it still did the same thing--no recent apps key.  Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Recent apps key gone
Snn5
Legend

The only thing you can do with Settings is clear the cache for it, but you can't clear the data.  I might try another launcher to test out the apps key.  Try Google Launcher.  It's light, easy, simple, and just enough to test this out.  Google Now Launcher - Android Apps on Google Play  Then, after making it the default, you can go back into Settings, Home Screen and change back.  Maybe the Apps Key comes back.  If not, you can try the reset settings option in Back up and Restore...NOT the factory reset, just the settings reset.

Robbynf29
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your suggestion!  Tried the Google Launcher and it made no difference but then I did the reset like you mentioned and that did the trick.  Thanks again!!!

Snn5
Legend

Awesome!

0 Likes