Revolution Data connection Faliute and update failure
jpyland25

Good day!  I have had the LG revolution less than one day. There are some cases where it will force close when I try to view txt message through the drop down bar from the top of the phone.  One of the first things I did, was check for system update and it said there was a verizon update. I have tried several time to download it. It will download in background for 10-15 min,howev, i will get a message saying download fail.  Also,everytime I reboot the phone, I get a data connection error and that network conenction failed. For less than 24 hours of having the phone, I am having a good bit of problems.Not sure if its the phone or the update.

thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Revolution Data connection Faliute and update failure
jpyland25

Still need assitance but wanted to let you know that I was finally able to get the update download. Not sure if this is the 2.3 like everyone i ssaying but it is titled as a verizon wirleess update and is about 89990KB in size. I just kept trying the update and rebooting the phone until the update would cause the rebot itself. I would keep checking ofr update through check for updates until something went right.

LOikie I said, still having some problems, but maybe its going to go through this time. Figured this may help other people that is having issues.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello jpyland25,

Thank you for providing the details on the concern that you are having with your device. The LG Revolution is an excellent device & I want to make sure that you get the most out of your investment. I'm happy to inform that the software update issue with the LG Revolution has been reported for review by the developers. Although a solution isn't available wirelessly, the workaround to the download fail error message is to perform a factory reset on the device. As always prior to performing this reset, it's recommended to back up all of your information first. Contacts can be backed up using backup assistant or your Gmail account. Any media on the device can be saved on the memory card for preservation. Below is a link on how to complete a factory data reset.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=41381

Once the reset has been performed, the device would need to be reactivated for service to be restored. There is a brief tutorial on the device that will walk you through the activation process. Once the service has been restored to the device, please test your voice and data services for proper functionality. Please retry the software update and test the phone for performance improvements. Another option is that you can exchange the device for another LG Revolution or for another model device since you are still within the 14-day exchange timeframe. If you decide on a different model then there may be a cost difference between the two phones and a $35 re-stocking fee. If you have any questions or concerns then don't hesitate to reply to this message.

Thank you...

0 Likes
RayJ1701

I have a lg revolutions with this same problem.  I am running the latest software 2.3.4 (v7 ??) and today my 3g connection quit working.  It was working earlier today but now when I show a 3g signal there is no throughput.  If the 3g signal goes away and leaves me with only a 1x signal, I will get v e r y s l o w data. 

I had trouble with two pantech breakouts (same problem, restarted when starting the wifi hotspot) and now this 3rd phone data connection quits.  DOES VERIZON SELL A GOOD SMARTPHONE WITHOUT ISSUES?  I have opened a trouble ticket but the operator says it could be several days before they get around to my issue.  this really isn't acceptable.

0 Likes
nickfay1

Hello. I have noticed that I have had a similar problem. I am in an area that has a good 4G signal and it seems to go slower than my girlfriends iPhone 4. I have also noticed that my phone shuts down alot of normal apps and games and seems to freeze up quite a bit.I have tried a reset and that has seemed to help a bit but I think when it did the last update, it seemed to mess it up a bit again and now my phone seems to restart by itself.

0 Likes
gobucks821

The 3G on my Revolution was down all afternoon today too...I couldn't even get 1x! I'm in SW Ohio. It seems to be working fine now...about 16 hours later.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello nickfay1,

I can certainly assist you with your device restarting on it's own. Just to confirm, what software version, baseband version, and build number do you have on the device? Also, are you having slower speeds everywhere or in a specific location? I would like to investigate this further for you and escalate it to our network engineers.

As for the device restarting on it's own, the best option to resolve is a factory reset. I have re-posted a link on how to complete this reset on the LG Revolution. 

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=41381

Once you have completed the reset &re-setup the device, please try to re-duplicate the actions you did just before the phone resetted on it's own. If the problem persist then please reply to this posting for additional assistance. 

Thank you...

0 Likes