Re: Revolution- Ring Tones
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
When you added Itunes to mix, that created a whole new questions for me. I have never needed to use that program nor do I ever plan to.

Are these files DRM free mp3 files or something else.

Can you connect the phone to the computer as a mass storage drive (or connect as a disk drive)? If not, can you safely remove the sd card and read the card with a card reader on the computer.

With either of those above connections, you should be able to drag and drop the ringtones files onto the sd card in the folders I posted above. You can probably even move them from wherever you stored them on the sd card in the first place to these folders and be good. Once the phone rescans the sd card, the ringtones will be available in the ringtone selection list. Then you can assign them to the contacts.

It is fairly simple file management operations stuff. Where exactly am I not explaining it clearly or what is it that you are confused about?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

I downloaded that File extender but didn't know where to go after that.  I can connect as a mass storage.  That's how I got my ring tones to load to my phone.  I'm using Rings Extender for the ring tones.

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I connect the phone to the computer it says SD Card unmonuted or not present.  I don't know if that's going to not make it work.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Are you see this on the phone itself or are you see this on the computer?

This is normal behavior on the phone. The sd card is unmounted so that you can view the contents of the SD card with your computer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's on the phone.  I know they're on there.

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not all of them are on there.  I just looked.  Oh boy.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Okay connect the phone to the computer as mass storage. Use your file explorer on your computer to navigate to the sd card and explore the contents of SD card. Find the ringtones you put on there in the first place and move them to the folder structure mentioned earlier (sd card drive:\media\audio\ringtones) even if you have to create it on the sd card.

The file explorer app from the Android Market is to be used when you are not connected to a computer in mass storage mode. It functions similarly to a computer's file explorer.

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think I got the hang of it. I'll let you know.

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

Didn't work.  Now when I go back and try to put the right songs there it says unknown ringtone.

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

What am I doing wrong?  I did what you told me and how you told me but it still not working.

0 Likes