Revolution issues
webdon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just a note about issues found on the revolution. (Incredible before this has it's own issues)

1) No ability to leave mail on server or delete when deleted only.

2) Cannot set sync timing or mail pick up interval.

3) WiFi turns off on its own from time to time. (It has a deault sleep mode of 15 minutes. It can be turned off but not changed.)

4) There seems to be activity on both 3G and wifi simultaineously. Never seen this before.

5) Viewing e-mail almost always seems to require choosing the email account to view. I have one account setup. Pointless.

6) Browser maintains secure non-caching sessions. These should not occur under any circumstance. Back arrow should go to a logged out screen not the old ssl session. Unheard of since the '90s.

7) keyboard is sucky. No learning ability like in sense. Swipe works but is a pain for usernames and passwords.

😎 Google navigation has voice built-in. LG requires download of text-to-speech each time Navigate loads...

9) LED Flash is weak. or the exposure is wrong in auto...

10) Annoying bunch of app icons I don't want, can't remove, and in many cases are downloaders only. Spam.

9) Have yet to be in a 4G area.

10) BIG

The good.

1) Nice screen.

2) Big screen

3) Better sound quality than the HTC Incredible.

4) Slip on belt case has a nice stand built-in.

5) Auto focus is snappy.

6) Power on button requires a 4 second hold. Better than a light touch imho.

7) Forward facing camera has got to come in handy some day.

😎 Ever present tools at the screen bottom

9) App icon organizer. Nice. Just put downlaoded apps at the top and you're set! Or go alphabetical.

10) any others?

0 Likes
Re: Revolution issues
webdon
Enthusiast - Level 3

add to the above:

Power shutdown sometimes does a full power off requiring a battery removal to turn back on. Software glitch I'm thinking.

Widgets periodically fail to load.

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

webdon wrote:

add to the above:

Power shutdown sometimes does a full power off requiring a battery removal to turn back on. Software glitch I'm thinking.

Widgets periodically fail to load.

Well now I know my phone is not only one to do that. It's not bad if I freeze up and have to turn phone off then on again if it's once a week having to pull battery to make it start back up but one night it froze on Facebook 3 times and all 3 times had to pull battery. Once evry maybe 5 times I get lucky and it will power back on without pulling battery. My wife has same phone and this never happens to hers?

0 Likes
webdon
Enthusiast - Level 3
That sounds like a software issue. if youre using the lg fb try downloading the market version
0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

webdon wrote:
That sounds like a software issue. If you're using the lg fb try downloading the market version

Not using LG Facebook I'm using one from market and I should have said it mainly slows down loading on FB and when switching to other web sites. Shut down and hope I don't have to pull battery to start back up but when I do it all works. Thanks for your response

0 Likes