Revolution - restarts
mrbigg317

I have a Revolution by LG that I have had to have replaced after a month of use, the new phone still has some of the same problems as before, the phone will just reset by itself, the 4G turn to 3G when I'm in a 4G area or won't get a signal at all. It is very frustrating to be using the phone and it just resets, whether using the phone, listening to music, audio books, or you go to look something up and you have no signal at all. Does anyone else have these problems?????

0 Likes
Re: Revolution - restarts
Wildman
Legend

The first thing you should do is try to exclude the apps installed because most common restart issues is app is software related.

Try booting in Safe Mode....

Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications that have been installed via the Android Market. Performing this troubleshooting step is necessary to determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue. Safe Mode should always be performed prior to a hard (factory) reset.

Enable Safe Mode

1. With the device powered down, press and hold the power button (upper-right corner).
  2. When the LG Logo screen appears, press and hold the volume down key.
  3. Release the volume down key when Safe mode is displayed at the lower-left.
    This may take up to 30 seconds.

Disable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button (upper-right corner).
  2. Select Restart.

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Wildman wrote:

The first thing you should do is try to exclude the apps installed because most common restart issues is app is software related.

Try booting in Safe Mode....

Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications that have been installed via the Android Market. Performing this troubleshooting step is necessary to determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue. Safe Mode should always be performed prior to a hard (factory) reset.

Enable Safe Mode

1. With the device powered down, press and hold the power button (upper-right corner).
  2. When the LG Logo screen appears, press and hold the volume down key.
  3. Release the volume down key when Safe mode is displayed at the lower-left.
    This may take up to 30 seconds.

Disable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button (upper-right corner).
  2. Select Restart.

I cant believe I am hearing the same thing again about removing apps because of problems and I myself have problem with phone shutting down and rebooting. What good is the phone if we have to remove apps we enjoy? Maybe i'm missing what you said but have seen others say remove apps to correct problem on other forums. Please let me know because I too have the problem..

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi bulldog69,

I understand your discontent; however, as disappointing as it is some third party applications are not fully compatible with all phones and may cause conflicts that prevent your phone from working properly. Wildman has provided a great option to isolate the issue (thanks) and confirm that a third party application is causing the issues outlined in your post.

Alternatively, you can do a Factory Reset which will remove all third applications and then add one by one to identify the one causing the issue and then simply uninstall it. Please keep in mind that performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications.

0 Likes
cjmathis

I have that issue and I have replaced mine multiple times and I've had the revolution for about 3 months.

Now mine shutd off and won't turn back on unless I take the battery out

0 Likes
img_land

I am having the same issue as initially stated. I'm on my third phone now. On this third device I have the bare minimum of apps and im still getting the constant reboots. The phone could just be laying on the desk and just vibrate and reboot. I even had the screen just go blank and vibrate. The only way to get a respones was to pull the battery out. I get reboots when sending text messages with the default sms program. I'm to the point of just buying a new phone out right. Doesn't make sense though. I hear on the 4th phone you turn in Verizon will send you a brand new phone as opposed to the "like new" phones i have been getting. I think the support for LG isn't that great in regards to the software.

0 Likes