Re: Revolution shuts down or locks up.
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

mrbigg317 wrote:

I have been having the same problem since I got the phone in July, had it replace and still having the same problems. The phone shuts down then are various time it will not have a 3G or 4G signal then I have to do a reset to get the phone to work. When the phone is working it is great but when it resets for no reason at all makes me want to throw it against the wall.

Mine has the very same issues as yours and when I have called about it (4 times now) they say that there are no reports of these problems.

0 Likes
cjmathis

I have similar issues...I have replaced mine multiple times and the most recent issue I have is my phone with shut off and not turn back on even if I hold down the power button until I take the battery out

Or if I turn my phone off I can't turn it back on again without taking the battery out

Sometimes if I open my web browser my phone shuts off

0 Likes
djembeman

As soon as I installed the 2.2.2 (V6) update my phone saw a huge increase in random reboots.  Before the update it only occurred occasionally, 2-3 times a week.  After the update it's been rebooting 3-4 times a day.  Tech support told me to do a Data Factory Reset which has done nothing to fix the problem.  Give me Gingerbread and cut out all of your Verizon and Bing bloatware please!!!!!  You wonder why people want to root their phones???  Cause they are so packed full of garbage they don't work the way the manufacture or Google intended.

0 Likes
PamK

I got my LG in June and I have had to get a replacement twice already. My LG Revolution acts like the power key is stuck and the phone just keeps turning on and off over and over. I have to take the battery out and it shuts off but as soon as I put the battery back in, the problem reoccurs. I was told by Customer Service that this hasn't been a problem with the LG  the two times I called to complain about this crappy phone. I paid $300 for a phone that is the absolute worst phone I've EVER owned. I'm glad that I'm not alone with this issue. 

0 Likes
California

I bought my LG Revolution on 10/22/2011.  I have only had it 2 days and it has frozen up and shut down so many times I can't even count.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Can I exchange it for another one since It has only been 2 day.  Very upset.  I wasn't planning on spending that much money on a phone and now I am having all of these problems. Help!!!

0 Likes
lubelle

Yes my phone has shut down once on its' own.  My husband got his phone at the same time and it does it a few times a week.  "We went to a Verizon store.  He suggested to reset the phone, this did not work.  What gives with this?

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

PamK, I know smartphones phones can be expensive and having issues with them can become a huge inconvenience so we understand your frustrations. After research of your issue, I show that we have had reports from customers regarding their phone power cycling so we are definitely aware of the issue. We have not received a fix but are looking forward to addressing the issue with future updates for this device. 

Although the last update to the Lg Revolution didn't resolve the power cycling issue, it did resolve some other minor issues. I have listed a link below to review the last update and benefits. 

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/revolution.html

0 Likes
Hayvensmommy00

Any solution to this yet...I have had mine for a few months now and have had nothing but problems since I got it. 

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

KinquanaH_VZW wrote:

PamK, I know smartphones phones can be expensive and having issues with them can become a huge inconvenience so we understand your frustrations. After research of your issue, I show that we have had reports from customers regarding their phone power cycling so we are definitely aware of the issue. We have not received a fix but are looking forward to addressing the issue with future updates for this device. 

Although the last update to the Lg Revolution didn't resolve the power cycling issue, it did resolve some other minor issues. I have listed a link below to review the last update and benefits. 

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/revolution.html

I want to know why the Gingerbread was forced to my phone without me downloading it myself? I have been through the problems with the Fascinate after installing Froyo 2.2 when that came out, it ruined the phone and then I bought the Revo for full retail with a silicone case was $609.00 cash out the door. I watched Gb downloaded on my phone while I was eating but did not happen to my wifes so I told her wait and see what happens with reviews and mine and sure enough mine is having many issues and is so slow bringing up home screen and slow at hangiing up after a call plus Pandora radio shuts off during a song and slow at changing channels and songs. Phone freezes and have to pull battery, it wont even let me power off. Well 3 days later it was put on wifes phone and she is having problems now with blank screen and everything slow.

I thought we could choose to download but did not get that option, it was forced to phones and now they are junk.  When someone calls it takes forever to see who is calling while phone is ringing away and I dont like that.

0 Likes
annies

My phone had to be replaced within the first 5 weeks for the same reason.

0 Likes