Revolution won't open attachments
CellularChloe

We have two Revolutions with the same problem. Neither will open any attachment that comes in email. The exact error wording you get is "attachment is too big to download." This happens on pictures, pdf, word, excel files, nothing will open.

This problem started happening straight out of the box. Neither phone had a ton of apps loaded (as I know sometimes some apps don't play nicely together),  We did try countless apps that claim to help with this but the reality is they only either help with your gmail attachments or they only help send attachments (not receive).  Even after trying them, the phones still won't sent attachments.

Also the other issue is that I found was the skype feature will not do video chat. Both of these phones are intended for business use so attachments and video chat were two features that would be most useful.

0 Likes
Re: Revolution won't open attachments
Wildman
Legend

CellularChloe wrote:

We have two Revolutions with the same problem. Neither will open any attachment that comes in email. The exact error wording you get is "attachment is too big to download." This happens on pictures, pdf, word, excel files, nothing will open.

This problem started happening straight out of the box. Neither phone had a ton of apps loaded (as I know sometimes some apps don't play nicely together),  We did try countless apps that claim to help with this but the reality is they only either help with your gmail attachments or they only help send attachments (not receive).  Even after trying them, the phones still won't sent attachments.

This could be due to the accounts size restrictions, try downloading a app called "Download All File" from https://market.android.com/details?id=com.hwkrbbt.downloadall&feature=search_result

Also the other issue is that I found was the skype feature will not do video chat. Both of these phones are intended for business use so attachments and video chat were two features that would be most useful.

This is Skypes issue, they havent made their software compatible for a number of devices front facing camera..

Heres the list of supported devices that Skpe has tested on..  http://shop.skype.com/phones/#mobiles

0 Likes
CellularChloe

Wildman,

Thanks for the response,

I have that app downloaded already and it doesn’t work.  It only works for downloading files from the web and from your Gmail account. I have never been able to open any attachments with this phone. 

As far as the size, I checked with the IT Department that I have the exchange account connected to and the size restriction is extremely ample. Not to mention there are over a hundred people on that exchange server that don't have this problem with their Android devices. Some of the main ones I try to view are summary reports, a Whiteboard report (which is a simple excel file), I even tried sending a small word doc and it doesn’t open.

Other apps I have tried, thinking they may help:
-Documents To Go
-ES File Explorer
-Attachment to SD
-Adobe Reader

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Strange because Document To Go can open Excel and Word files without issues...   Im confused are you having issues downloading or just opening?   Have you downloaded file to sd card and then go to Document To Go and try to open file through the app?

0 Likes