Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Screen Issues with LG G2
lxy133

Having several screen issues with the LG G2

• When on a call, the screen goes black and freezes, and thus, I cannot end the call. Power button does not work to hang up or restart. Eventually it restarts itself. Very annoying, as I've called people, and when the voicemail picks up, I cannot hang up, so they get a recording of about 60 seconds of silence.
  • When using the phone, the screen times out. I have gone into the settings to increase the time out interval, but it does not work. I also don't believe the screen should time out WHILE I'm using the phone. It should only time out when the screen is not being used.
  • When the phone is in landscape mode, I cannot turn on the screen. Each time I knock to wake up, or hit the power button on the back, the screen turns on for a split second, then shuts back off. I can ONLY turn on the screen in portrait mode. This is also very irritating when trying to view something in landscape mode, and the screen times out, and I have to turn the phone to portrait just to get the screen on again.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Screen Issues with LG G2
Diznavis

Make sure you are not covering your proximity sensor with a case or screen protector. It sits between your front camera and speaker. Covering it will make the phone do crazy things.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Diznavis

Make sure you are not covering your proximity sensor with a case or screen protector. It sits between your front camera and speaker. Covering it will make the phone do crazy things.

0 Likes
lxy133

Thank you, I will mess with it tonight and see if that is the root cause of all my problems.

0 Likes
stef7

Oh yes, there is this other trick which may help - if you need to pull up your dialpad or press end on the call, and the screen is black, just do a flick of the wrist (or crack the whip) gesture with the device.

0 Likes
JulesMart

What finally worked for you to resolve this problem? I'm having the same issue! No wrist-flicking fixes this problem for me Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Wendy867

Wrist flicking does not work for me either and sensor is not covered up.  I am getting really annoyed.

0 Likes
JulesMart

I took my device to the local store and they did a soft reset by holding down the power button and the up button on the back until the screen reset and reloaded. Then everything is back to okay. Good luck!

0 Likes
Wendy867

I think that worked ty..

0 Likes
Wendy867

Nope my screen goes black .  There must be something wrong with the sensor. 😞   I just got this refurbish phone last week.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Wendy867

I wanted to touch bases with you to see if your screen issues has been resolved. If not then please send us a private message so we can do some advanced troubleshooting.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes