Since the last update, my phone will not read out messages like it use to. Also, when the phone rings, the screen doesn't show the whose calling unless I put in my password to unlock the screen. These are two of three major issues I've had since the las
Belynda227
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the last update, my phone will NOT read out messages like it use to.  It also will not show whose calling unless I unlock the screen when the phone is ringing.

0 Likes
Re: Since the last update, my phone will not read out messages like it use to. Also, when the phone rings, the screen doesn't show the whose calling unless I put in my password to unlock the screen. These are two of three major issues I've had since the
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Belynda227,

Let's get to the bottom of this! Could you please confirm the software version your phone is on http://vz.to/1tryr3F ? Also, have you checked to see if the option is still turned on? Settings>Accessibility>Talkback

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Since the last update, my phone will not read out messages like it use to.  Also, when the phone rings, the screen doesn't show the whose calling unless I put in my password to unlock the screen.  These are two of three major issues I've had since the
Snn5
Legend

Most likely this is caused by a proximity sensor issue after that last update.  Replacement is about the only recourse.  I'd exchange under warranty by contacting VZW via phone or web chat.  The store cannot help you as they don't have replacement units.

0 Likes