Software update
vinny536

I'm another revo user orphaned on 2.2.2. I called VZW customer service, they said to go to the store to have the update manually loaded. I went to the store and was told they don't do that, and they don't know why the call center would instruct me to go there.

I'm tired of outdated software and the run around. How do I get the update?

model: VS910 4g

android version 2.2.2

build number VS910zV6

0 Likes
Re: Software update
wlbrown9

I was able to update my Revolution yesterday. Started trying Friday, but was not able to complete the download and update process until 2/27. I'm now at android version 2.3.4 and sw version VS910ZV7. I found it under setting, about phone, software updates. I aborted the first time when it reported 2 hours to download. It took 2 days or so before it would actually let me attempt the download again.

Trouble getting a data connection since the update. Just pulled the battery and it seems to be working now...multiple power cycles did not help. Still not sure what the update is supposed to fix or add.

Bill

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

You will be sorry for downloading it. My phone worked great until they forced onto my phone and and then nothing but problems. I was hoping I could wait for reviews to see if good but as I was eating I watched phone light up and download Gingerbread. Nothing but problems since so  a week ago bought  a Razr and sold the Revolution. Good luck

0 Likes
mannateeMan

My phone auto ran the update, It has bricked my Droid X. I brought it into the store and their response is "You aren't supposed to ever see that screen. What phone would you like to buy to replace it?" Yup, great service thx VZW. You broke my phone and want to charge me for a new one. Thx for the definition of unethical practice.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi mannateeMan (and every one else in this forum/post),

I'd like to address everyone's concerns (until latest post March 1, 2012, 728pm) and provide some troubleshooting options and or explanation.

mannateeMan: Please be assured that is never the manufacturer's intention to brick your phone; to contrary, all software updates are developed to resolve reported issues and to improve the device performance. Most issues resulting after software updates are related to 3rd party applications installed on the device. I highly recommend doing a factory reset after an operating system software update to eliminate any conflicts with 3rd party applications. Please find instructions to do a factory reset on you Droid X at this LINK.

wlbrown9: Please do a Factory Reset on your Rezound and let us know if that resolves the power cycling and connectivity issues.

vinny536: I will have to personally assist you with your software update. Please follow me and I will send you a Direct Message with instructions to further assist you.

I understand that doing a factory reset is not a popular troubleshooting step; however, it is a proven step that resolves post upgrade issues.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Software update
vinny536

Since posting I've called customer service again, they sent me a CPO device. Since activating this device it will intermittently not send text messages. I'm not impressed with the LG revolution at all.

0 Likes
wlbrown9

AntonioC_VZW.  thanks for the information.  I dont' think I need to do a Factory Reset. I removed Juice Defender and installed Android Booster. That fixed my problems. I found a note is some discussion about Juice Defender and 2.3.4 version and that seems to have been the problem.  At this time the Revolution seems to be working better than ever, so I think that JD may have been causing some minor issues even before the upgrade.

So, YES....I think most of the problems will be symptoms of other APP's issues.

Thanks and good day,

Bill

0 Likes
mjyates88

I'm SO glad I'm not the only having problems with the 2.3.6 upgrade. I've already traded off one Revolution over this so-called upgrade. Why do they call it an upgrade when it hogs fully HALF of the memory?!?! Launching programs is so slow now as to be ridiculous. I WILL NOT do any resets on my phone again due to losing SO much info on the first round. To whomever came up with this upgrade and released it, I truly hope you've been fired and can't do anymore damage!

0 Likes
wlbrown9

I just got another upgrade this morning. saw that my wife's revolution was at a screen for the upgrade and pressed OK to complete.  I checked mine for updates and it updated from 2.3.4 to 2.3.6 or VS910ZV8. this one went much faster than the 2.2.2 to 2.3.4 upgrade. No problems so far. Still running Android Booster instead of Juice Defender and have not experienced any problems.

Bill

0 Likes