Streaming video freezes phone
vedder316

Since the recent firmware update I cannot stream any video from my windows 7 pc.  Prior to the update I was able to.  I have tried Tversity, imediashare and windows media player.  The phone recognizes windows media player, shows the files/thumbnails but when I click on them to play it freezes the phone. 

0 Likes
Re: Streaming video freezes phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vedder316,

Wowzers, let's get your video streaming back up. What phone do you have? What software do you currently have on your device? Do you get any error messages? What do you have to do to unfreeze the phone? Please provide additional details so we can further assist.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vedder316

I have an LG G2.  All software is up to date.  I have no error messages it just freezes the phone.  Sometimes when I hit the home button it unfreezes but usually have to restart phone.  Once I try to stream i cannot access any videos on my phone.  Doing so refreezes the phone.  Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vedder316,

Sorry to hear you have to go as far as restarting the phone. We want to get that working for you again! Have you attempted a factory reset? Often times this will fix a problem if the cause is not readily apparent. Make sure before attempting the reset that you back up anything you need to save as it does erase the phone. From the home screen, select "Apps" then go to "Settings." In that menu select "Backup and Reset" and "Factory Data Reset." Once you select "Reset Phone" you will need to confirm by selecting "Erase Everything." Once this is completed you will need to set up the phone like you did when you first got the device. Then test it out and let us know how it is working.

BrianP_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vedder316

The factory reset has been complete and the issue is still present.  I have set up the phone exactly as it was before.  The streaming worked before I updated the (Verizon's) firmware to the most recent.  It is only after the firmware update that the issue is present. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update vedder316. We want to make sure this feature is working again. Are these videos that were taken on your phone or where exactly are you streaming them from? Are you able to view videos on YouTube or other similar sites? If you take a new video on the phone and view it, is it still freezing?

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes
vedder316

I am stream videos from my Windows 7 PC.  They are videos I have taken with my video camera, download from the internet and my phone.  I have converted them to formats accepted by the phone.  I am able to view videos on youtube and other sites.  The phone still freezes when trying to stream videos from Videos/other devices.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vedder316, thanks for these details. You mentioned that you master reset your device and redownloaded the same applications that you had before. Some application software may be conflicting with your ability to view videos on your device. Try uninstalling a few applications and then attempt to play the videos again. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes