Terrible camera delay
See151
I bought a camera phone so I could take pictures...however I get about 1 clear picture per every 30. I've tried adjusting every single setting a million times in hope to get a faster.shutter speed, but there is at least a 3second or more delay, which if you're not completely still or the subject smiles mid shot, it will be completely blurry...and the flash is blindingly bright but sometimes makes it worse. I am so unhappy with this phone bc of this terrible camera..my samsung fascinate got screwed up after a verizon soft ware update so I got this phone hoping it would be comparable, but its not in the least...that 5.0 mpx camera was wayyy better...i could move my hand or take a moving pic and it would always come out clear. How do the phones get 'smarter' but the cameras get worse? all of the camera apps ive tried have the same slow shutter too. I've tried them all. I will never buy another lg phone. Thanks verizon for screwing me AGAIN.
0 Likes
Re: Terrible camera delay
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

See151 wrote:
I bought a camera phone so I could take pictures...however I get about 1 clear picture per every 30. I've tried adjusting every single setting a million times in hope to get a faster.shutter speed, but there is at least a 3second or more delay, which if you're not completely still or the subject smiles mid shot, it will be completely blurry...and the flash is blindingly bright but sometimes makes it worse. I am so unhappy with this phone bc of this terrible camera..my samsung fascinate got screwed up after a verizon soft ware update so I got this phone hoping it would be comparable, but its not in the least...that 5.0 mpx camera was wayyy better...i could move my hand or take a moving pic and it would always come out clear. How do the phones get 'smarter' but the cameras get worse? all of the camera apps ive tried have the same slow shutter too. I've tried them all. I will never buy another lg phone. Thanks verizon for screwing me AGAIN.

Yeah this phone not no quick but when I had Fascinate it was fast. Try in picture settings there is a setting for fast shooting, I have not tried it yet but that might work

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

See151, I also take  a lot of pictures with my phone and know how you feel about having limitations with the camera portion of your phone. I wasn't able to locate this as a known issue for your particular device , which means your device may need some additional trouble-shooting or replacement. In your post, you advised you went through each setting and still continue to have the issues. I still wanted to list a few of the camera options below that I think may need to be adjusted, the shot mode, focus and image quality. Steps are listed below.

1. From the Home screen, select Apps.
  2. Select Camera (under Media).
  3. If presented with a SD card notification, select OK.
  4. If needed, select the camcorder icon (upper-right corner).
  5. Select Menu

Shot mode 
  1. Select the settings icon.
  2. Select Shot modethen select the option.
    • Normal
    • Continuous shot
    • Smile shot
    • Beauty shot
    • Art shot
    • Panorama
    • Face effect
    • Cartoon
  3. Press the clr (return) key to return to the capture screen.

Focus 
  2. Select Focusthen select the option.
    • Auto
    • Macro
    • Face tracking
    • Manual

Image quality 
  2. Select Image qualitythen select the option.
    • Super fine
    • Fine
    • Normal

If you continue to have issues we will need to speak with you on an alternate phone to trouble-shoot. 

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

KinquanaH_VZW wrote:

See151, I also take  a lot of pictures with my phone and know how you feel about having limitations with the camera portion of your phone. I wasn't able to locate this as a known issue for your particular device , which means your device may need some additional trouble-shooting or replacement. In your post, you advised you went through each setting and still continue to have the issues. I still wanted to list a few of the camera options below that I think may need to be adjusted, the shot mode, focus and image quality. Steps are listed below.

1. From the Home screen, select Apps.
  2. Select Camera (under Media).
  3. If presented with a SD card notification, select OK.
  4. If needed, select the camcorder icon (upper-right corner).
  5. Select Menu

Shot mode 
  2. Select Shot modethen select the option.
    • Normal
    • Continuous shot
    • Smile shot
    • Beauty shot
    • Art shot
    • Panorama
    • Face effect
    • Cartoon

Focus 
  2. Select Focusthen select the option.
    • Auto
    • Macro
    • Face tracking
    • Manual

Image quality 
  2. Select Image qualitythen select the option.
    • Super fine
    • Fine
    • Normal

If you continue to have issues we will need to speak with you on an alternate phone to trouble-shoot. 

Thanks but thats no help with problem of slow shutter speed!

0 Likes