Text Messages
Krysialk

I'm not receiving all my text, or picture messages....Is there a way to fix this?

My texts will be coming in and going out just fine and then I just won't receive a text, even though I know my contact responded back to me.  It's becoming a big problem!  Sometimes if I restart my phone I will get a picture message that didn't come through, but regular text messages are never received.

What can I do?

0 Likes
Text Messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Text Messages
Krysialk

Revolution

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Krysialk,

I know how important text messages are so I want to get this issue resolved for you. To reset application, please go to Settings> Application> Manage Applications> Text Messaging> Clear Data.

I would also suggest to remove any third party text messaging applications if you are using any. Let us know if these steps resolved your issue.

Thanks,

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Krysialk

Hello,

I have cleared the Data like you suggested but I'm still not receiving many texts.  I am not using a third party test messaging app, only the messenger that came with the phone.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
RCD
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't worry, they will never fix this for you.  Nothing they tell you will fix any part of this issue.  Just take a look around the forums to see how many people have this issue among others.  Here's one I took part in, with still no answer from Verizon:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/877462

0 Likes
jpsebik

My wife's LG Revolution has also recently been experiencing text messages that never arrive. I will try to follow the steps you describe above. Is there a fix to this? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jpsebik, that is the recommended step to attempt to remedy this issue. Also make sure the device has a sufficient amount of memory. Check Settings, SD & Phone Storage. How much memory is available? Let me know if this problem persists.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes