Texting issues, shutting down on its own, Facebook issues, Navigation issues, issues getting internet connection
pwysko

I have only had this phone since November 25th (a little over five weeks) and have had nothing but issues.  Prior to this phone I had the original Droid for over two years and NEVER had any issues with it.  On numerous occassions I have been told that people I sent texts to have not received them (various carriers).  My husband and brother who are also with Verizon hardly ever receive my texts.  The phone shuts off and reboots on it's own randomly multiple times a day.  This usually happens with Facebook but just the other day it shut down while I was talking to my husband and today I wasn't even using the phone and it randomly shut down and rebooted.  Facebook has trouble loading and I get booted often.  I have tried numerous times and have not been able to use Google Maps Navigation...it can't find the location.  More times than not I receive the Network Not Available message when trying to go into Facebook or the browser.

I went to the local Verizon Store on December 18th and was told that they are aware of the problems and that an update would fix the problem soon.  In the meantime I may need to remove the battery but a fix will be in place soon.  It has been over two weeks and nothing...just keeps getting worse everyday!  What is soon?!  Sure wish I would have read all the negative discussions about this phone before I went into talk to them because I would have returned it that day since I was told I had 30 days to use the phone and if I didn't like it, I could return it.  At that time the representative should have told me that this has been an ongoing issue for months and months.  Instead they fed me a line of BS to appease me and now I am stuck with this piece of garbage.

I am disappointed, frustrated and have lost faith in Verizon.  I pay a lot of money for monthly services yet can't use my phone the way it was intended to be used.  I have been a customer for about 15 years now.  I am considering switching providors if something isn't done about this and fast.

0 Likes
Re: Texting issues, shutting down on its own, Facebook issues, Navigation issues, issues getting internet connection
rcschnoor
Legend

It is not too late. You are not stuck with this phone. For the Xmas season, Verizon relaxed the return period. For purchases made from Nov 15 thru Dec 28, you have until Jan 15 to return the phone. Seeing as it is only Jan 5, you still have 10 days to decide which phone you would like to switch to. There will most likely be a $35 restocking fee if you switch to a different model of phone.

0 Likes
Re: Texting issues, shutting down on its own, Facebook issues, Navigation issues, issues getting internet connection
pwysko

Thanks!  I went to the local store again tonight and got a new phone.  I had to pay the restocking fee of $35 but got a corporate discount on the new phone through my employer.  I went with the Razor.  My husband has it and loves it so I sure hope I do too!  He has not had any problems with it and he got it the same day that I got the Revolution.  Wish me luck!

0 Likes
hyperducky

Good thing you caught that before your 30 days.  I wish I had done the same.

0 Likes